• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Improved Play Calling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Theres 3 defensive linemen on the roster that are at a respectable plying weight. Hopefully some of the 2019 and 2020 classes will bulk up and see the field next year. Improved play along the d line will go a long way in improving the secondary.

That's going to be tough to do if we are going to rush 3 guys most of the game

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Why not give him and puc their own board to feed each other's addiction on?

You sir just won the Internet today

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That's going to be tough to do if we are going to rush 3 guys most of the game

Right. And I’m saying that may be a product of the available personnel. Hopefully we can have more of a rotation next year or change up the scheme and play four DL.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Why not give him and puc their own board to feed each other's addiction on?

I can't really lump those 2 together. As irritating as puc can be at times, and he can be **** irritating, I think you can still feel the passion for the university. The other, not so much. Appears to just use the board as a vehicle to feed his self aggrandizing, narcissistic tendencies ...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

17 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Right. And I’m saying that may be a product of the available personnel. Hopefully we can have more of a rotation next year or change up the scheme and play four DL.

I don't think you help out a short-handed DL by rushing three guys all day ... hence my questioning of the DC

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I don't think you help out a short-handed DL by rushing three guys all day ... hence my questioning of the DC

Its how Tulsa beat UCF but we dont' have the DL that Tulsa had.  I like maybe trying it out for a little bit see if we can get lucky... but once it was seen it wasn't working send some somebody blitzing to cause some pressure. 

Its not like sending a blitzing LB is going to cause us to give up a big play..we were doing that without blitzing.

I wish Scott found a good young energetic LB coach on a good P5 team and made him the DC last year.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

They did look better, much. Were we going to beat ucf? I didnt think so. I was hoping we would have a team show up to make it a game and not embarrass themselves or their fans. It worked for me. It actually worked for the announcers and prob much of the viewing audience that likes to watch a game with some good plays. We were the underdog. You can dissect the plays and armchair the play calls but...why? They looked better. I've beat on McCloud in the past but..the kid played up to his potential. Is his potential our future? I would be surprised especially in the AAC conf. 

This isn't all on the coaches. We know it goes back to past hires and university attitude towards football. It's time for USF to make a very large commitment to it's football program. Quit finding ways to "not" build the IPF and get the thing going..asap. Recruiting will be tough enough so anything and everything is needed. Too Many schools of our size and smaller have surpassed us in facilities. We now have a coach who should be on his ascent and not one who is spiraling downward. Do it right or dont do it at all...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Mccloud is still not the answer. He was making one read and throwing. The UCF defense was only slightly better than ours. I hope Coach Scott does not get hyped on Mccloud with one game. Mccloud is who he is, nothing is going to change that.  If is the starter next year with no one waiting in the wings we are doomed. I suspect we will see some QBs leaving because that musical chair was ridiculous. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

16 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I was there for the first half and watched the 4th on and off when I got home.  I'm not sure I would call the passes "crisp".  On target?  More than not.  The 1st TD pass was a lollipop jump ball and there were some others like that.  

Not sure what game you watched, but better than 50% completion rate, over 400yds, and 4 td’s says he was MUCH better. EVERY good about has players make plays.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

42 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Mccloud is still not the answer. He was making one read and throwing. The UCF defense was only slightly better than ours. I hope Coach Scott does not get hyped on Mccloud with one game. Mccloud is who he is, nothing is going to change that.  If is the starter next year with no one waiting in the wings we are doomed. I suspect we will see some QBs leaving because that musical chair was ridiculous. 

McCloud just played one of the best games in program history for a QB, and you aren't even willing to give him a second look?

What does he have to do to convince you he can play, throw for 600 yards and 8 TD's?

The QB run where he bowled over UCF's defender tells you everything you need to know about McCloud's effort and character.  Especially in a 1-8 season.  He did not fold and brought it for a 1-7 team.  Period.  Many, if not most of our problems do not involve McCloud.  Great progress was made yesterday.