• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Improved Play Calling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He hit several guys in stride including the last TD. I'm not calling him Joe Montana, but there has been improvement over the course of the year.   My biggest point is that the offensive side of the ball has shown improvement, defensive side not so much

JM certainly showed that he is mentally tough. This year he has started, been benched before the game, been benched during the game, and put third on the depth chart. But he put that behind him today and played a solid game. Not sure if he is the answer for us but he may have just earned another shot for next year...for better or for worse. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

JM certainly showed that he is mentally tough. This year he has started, been benched before the game, been benched during the game, and put third on the depth chart. But he put that behind him today and played a solid game. Not sure if he is the answer for us but he may have just earned another shot for next year...for better or for worse. 

My biggest takeaway is that CJS and Weis can coach up their side of the ball.   I don't care if JM is the answer or not.  The fact that he can put up 400 yards on any defense shows what the coaching staff can do on that side of the ball.  Now we need to find a decent DC

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

My biggest takeaway is that CJS and Weis can coach up their side of the ball.   I don't care if JM is the answer or not.  The fact that he can put up 400 yards on any defense shows what the coaching staff can do on that side of the ball.  Now we need to find a decent DC

In his defense he didn't have a lot to work with. On one replay on the video board I remember  seeing one of our LBs walking passed one of their receivers and thinking how small he was. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not sure if he is the answer for us but he may have just earned another shot for next year...for better or for worse. 

If he was the choice going into this season, I don't think there's any doubt he's starting next year after today.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

In his defense he didn't have a lot to work with. On one replay on the video board I remember  seeing one of our LBs walking passed one of their receivers and thinking how small he was. 

McLoud isn't much to work with, but CJS and Weis figured it out.   We continued to rush 3 guys and watch Gabriel eat his lunch while waiting for his receivers to get open today

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

If he was the choice going into this season, I don't think there's any doubt he's starting next year after today.

Maybe, maybe not.   Might depend on how the offseason goes.  There should be much more time to evaluate and develop this Spring

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Now we need to find a decent DC

He's not going anywhere and like CR said, not sure how much he had to work with, even before covid purge towards the end.

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He's not going anywhere and like CR said, not sure how much he had to work with, even before covid purge towards the end.

He may not be going anywhere, but he better figure it out in the offseason or we aren't going anywhere either.  Neither Covid nor talent made us rush 3 over and over again with almost no success

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Why haven’t we been running this offense all year? Today’s game was actually fun to watch. It sucks losing, but the game was enjoyable. 

Because we lost spring practice and we've had players in and out all season for Covid.  It takes time to install a new system.  Time for players to learn the system, time for coaches to learn the system.  Time this team never had.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

All of that is spot on...especially the DC. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, chapelbull said:

We do have a decent dc...we just don't have any depth and that will come in time...