• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RIP Fellow Bull and Bullspenner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Don't worry, there is no real person behind my avatar!

I find that strangely comforting 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I find that strangely comforting 

it's nice that black and white GIF by mattisdovier

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

16 hours ago, smazza said:

what a bummer.---i try to appreciate every day.i will be 64 next month but it feels like yesterday when i moved into alpha 101.this just reminds me how precious life is.

yes i remember that post

Didn't realize we were so close in age.

16 hours ago, BulledOver said:

We are but "1 heartbeat away from whatever comes after". I heard a rabbi say that it's quite thought provoking. Life is very fragile. When you see someone at 37 meet their demise we always think, way too young. Very sad thing for parents needing to bury their child. Life can be very cruel at times. Feel sorry for them. 

Then, you somehow get into your 70's and your not quite sure if your being rewarded or punished. 

Life is a strange journey. My wife lost both her parents in separate car crashes 5 weeks apart.  They were in their 70s. My dad died of lung cancer in his 70s.  Yet my mom lived to just about 96 and got to see our daughter graduate high school, college, get married, great grandkids, etc.  But the last 2 years she didn't know who they were.  So which is better, not ever having the experience or living long enough that you don't remember the experience? I got nothin'.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Life is a strange journey. My wife lost both her parents in separate car crashes 5 weeks apart.  They were in their 70s. My dad died of lung cancer in his 70s.  Yet my mom lived to just about 96 and got to see our daughter graduate high school, college, get married, great grandkids, etc.  But the last 2 years she didn't know who they were.  So which is better, not ever having the experience or living long enough that you don't remember the experience? I got nothin'.

Yep, Life has a way of jerking you in all directions. My Mom use to say, " Life is great if you don't let it get you"..I kinda didn't get it until later on in life. Were very adaptive creatures to both enjoy and fend off what we experience in life. I'm sure this young man's folks/family are wondering about the Why? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Having the experience has my vote, the thought of an unexpected early exit where my last moments are hurling obscenities on my phone at Brybull instead of telling those loved ones how much they meant to me would be a bummer.  Even If the last couple years were not good and you lost reality it is still worth the extra 20 plus years in my book. But like you what the hell do I know.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Having the experience has my vote, the thought of an unexpected early exit where my last moments are hurling obscenities on my phone at Brybull instead of telling those loved ones how much they meant to me would be a bummer.  Even If the last couple years were not good and you lost reality it is still worth the extra 20 plus years in my book. But like you what the hell do I know.  

I would lean your way.  But you need to make sure to ENJOY moments as they happen.  People take pictures up the butt when on vacation and video their kid playing ball.  I try to just watch and take it in and appreciate it and then move on to the next adventure.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I would lean your way.  But you need to make sure to ENJOY moments as they happen.  People take pictures up the butt when on vacation and video their kid playing ball.  I try to just watch and take it in and appreciate it and then move on to the next adventure.

Agreed and I do the same, not a big photo or video guy and either is my wife, just enjoy the moment and stop trying to impress people.  And a word of advice, the phrase is “out the butt”. Not “up the butt”. Unless you are talking about the photos you get with your colonoscopy. 😀

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Bull Dozer... my heart is heavy this evening. With you in spirit always. Toast Charlie and Steve for me please. Until we meet again, Go Bulls... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,314
  • Days Won:  10

Insane and so sad.  My prayers go out to his family.