• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chief of Staff Brad Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

23 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Coach Scott is a champion.

He witnessed the rise of Clemson from getting beat by USF in a bowl to seemingly a playing for a national championship every year.

He saw what it takes and took part in the culture and attitude change to get them there. But it didn’t happen over night. Our program was left an FCS dumpster fire. Everyone chill the **** out and let year 0 play out. We are who we thought we were...for now.

this is so true

clemson was so low that we even beat them before their epic turn around

many here haven't dealt with real adversity it seems

fsu is far worse off than usf 

4 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Except that his record this year does count.  Do you think he will be given an extra year to show progress?  I don't.  He will have 3 years to start turning it around, or he will be gone. 

not so fast

if usf shows improvement we will try to keep him

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

19 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

It’s essentially a year 0. He had a shortened recruiting period for this team. He was left no talent. He had no spring offseason for the most part. No one loses eligibility. This season doesn’t count.

Hence a zero year, or year 0.

if we dont give him another year we are dumb

this year shouldnt count against him

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, smazza said:

if we dont give him another year we are dumb

this year shouldnt count against him

So if he had done well it shouldn’t have counted for him?

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So if he had done well it shouldn’t have counted for him?

Exactly.  If he had done well, he would have taken full credit, and used it as part of his resume in the event he wanted to look for other jobs.  So, why shouldn't his failings also count for him.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

22 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

This year is a throw away year, so we kind of got lucky. CJS gets to cut his teeth and learn in live action and his players get experience while not losing any eligibility. Hopefully this allows him to assess the needs of the program and do targeted recruitment to address our critical needs. I hope he is learning from this process and will be a better coach for it. I hope we close out the season with better performances to calm the angst

And...He took at 15% pay cut this year

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Its a fair point. In the time of Covid do we just chalk up any kind of underwhelming result as a one-off and consider next year, assuming things are back to normal, his first real year.

I still think the 3 year window will apply regardless especially as we get the pandemic in the rear view mirror. 

If I had to bet I say he gets 4. As you noted Kelly has staked his reputation on this hire and he will get every possible chance (unless all three seasons are 3 wins or less). 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If I had to bet I say he gets 4. As you noted Kelly has staked his reputation on this hire and he will get every possible chance (unless all three seasons are 3 wins or less). 

I actually agree with this the odds of CJS getting fired by VpMK I would say are slim to none their fates are intertwined and there really is no point in firing CJS after year three as your last act as VP.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  485
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

2-2 is more like it.

Leavitt - Win

Holtz - Loss

Taggart - Win

Strong - Loss

I like our odds.

Please stop it with the 'Taggart was a win' nonsense!! He was terrible without QF...a great recruiter, terrible coach. The guy made Woodie DC! I mean come on! I'll give him an incomplete before I will say he was a win. Maybe a tie. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, mj796 said:

Please stop it with the 'Taggart was a win' nonsense!! He was terrible without QF...a great recruiter, terrible coach. The guy made Woodie DC! I mean come on! I'll give him an incomplete before I will say he was a win. Maybe a tie. 

Recruiting is the most important part of CFB and he brought in QF, Mack, Johnson, Adams, MVS, Hector, Senat etc... and the list goes on, give him his due.  I don’t think he was a good coach either but it worked out and for that he was a win, and somebody paid us when he left and not the other way around.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,551
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Exactly.  If he had done well, he would have taken full credit, and used it as part of his resume in the event he wanted to look for other jobs.  So, why shouldn't his failings also count for him.  

Naw, we would all be chanting “Charlie’s Boys! Charlie’s Boys!” As we hoist our first conference championship trophy above our heads.