• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chief of Staff Brad Scott

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, puc86 said:

Got it so the 1 that’s a loss is the the same one that’s incomplete 

I see your confusion, my bad. Should have stated it as 1 for 1, with an I .....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

Coach Scott is a champion.

He witnessed the rise of Clemson from getting beat by USF in a bowl to seemingly a playing for a national championship every year.

He saw what it takes and took part in the culture and attitude change to get them there. But it didn’t happen over night. Our program was left an FCS dumpster fire. Everyone chill the **** out and let year 0 play out. We are who we thought we were...for now.

Lets hope he can rebuild this, but I have not seen anything to support it from his staff this year. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Coach Scott is a champion.

He witnessed the rise of Clemson from getting beat by USF in a bowl to seemingly a playing for a national championship every year.

He saw what it takes and took part in the culture and attitude change to get them there. But it didn’t happen over night. Our program was left an FCS dumpster fire. Everyone chill the **** out and let year 0 play out. We are who we thought we were...for now.

Quit saying year 0, like that means anything.  This is year one.  He will get 3 years to show major progress or he will be fired, or his contract not renewed.  That means he has 2 years left, so I hope he scouring the portal day and night.

As far as witnessing Clemson, who cares.  What specifically did he have to do with their success.  At a place like Clemson, players recruit themselves.  Players want to come play in an 80K stadium with packed fans.  What is the sell here?  Please enlighten.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Quit saying year 0, like that means anything.  This is year one.  He will get 3 years to show major progress or he will be fired, or his contract not renewed.  That means he has 2 years left, so I hope he scouring the portal day and night.

As far as witnessing Clemson, who cares.  What specifically did he have to do with their success.  At a place like Clemson, players recruit themselves.  Players want to come play in an 80K stadium with packed fans.  What is the sell here?  Please enlighten.

What is with you and the portal? You act like it is a cure for cancer. The portal is for a small number of player transfers not a new infusion of a team. The only way out of this mess is by recruiting high school players who stay the full four years. Portal players have a reason they are in the portal and 9 out of 10 times it is not good. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

Well he was a coach on the team, so obviously he played a role - the question would be to what extent.

After 1981, Clemson had been a mid-major team until coach Swinney and his staff (including Coach Scott believe it or not) showed up and created a monster. They were so regular that they lost to a Skip Holtz-coached USF team. 

Yes they have an awesome stadium, but this did not equal championships until recently, there is no denying that.

Now chill.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I see your confusion, my bad. Should have stated it as 1 for 1, with an I .....

It’s okay I’m sure I’ve confused you a few times I just couldn’t get the math to work no matter how many ways I tried to do it 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405

3 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

This year is a throw away year, so we kind of got lucky. CJS gets to cut his teeth and learn in live action and his players get experience while not losing any eligibility. Hopefully this allows him to assess the needs of the program and do targeted recruitment to address our critical needs. I hope he is learning from this process and will be a better coach for it. I hope we close out the season with better performances to calm the angst

I read this as Bevis and Butthead would have... "He said Asses" hahahaha. 

No i dont see the second s

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What is with you and the portal? You act like it is a cure for cancer. The portal is for a small number of player transfers not a new infusion of a team. The only way out of this mess is by recruiting high school players who stay the full four years. Portal players have a reason they are in the portal and 9 out of 10 times it is not good. 

We don't have talent across the board.  Yes, he needs to recruit high schoolers, but how many high school players are ready to come in and dominate on day one.  He needs to plug holes wherever he can find players, including portal.

Every single position group on the team needs a major upgrade in talent.  Every one.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,547

It’s essentially a year 0. He had a shortened recruiting period for this team. He was left no talent. He had no spring offseason for the most part. No one loses eligibility. This season doesn’t count.

Hence a zero year, or year 0.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

It’s essentially a year 0. He had a shortened recruiting period for this team. He was left no talent. He had no spring offseason for the most part. No one loses eligibility. This season doesn’t count.

Hence a zero year, or year 0.

Except that his record this year does count.  Do you think he will be given an extra year to show progress?  I don't.  He will have 3 years to start turning it around, or he will be gone.