• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chief of Staff Brad Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

With such a young and inexperienced staff, I’m all for having a veteran presence looking over the program.  Seemed to work for Taggart when Tomei came on in a similar role.  However, Brad Scott was an abysmal failure as a head coach and is the father of the current coach.  Can Brad truly be objective when evaluating the state of affairs?  The situation just seems odd to say the least.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

With such a young and inexperienced staff, I’m all for having a veteran presence looking over the program.  Seemed to work for Taggart when Tomei came on in a similar role.  However, Brad Scott was an abysmal failure as a head coach and is the father of the current coach.  Can Brad truly be objective when evaluating the state of affairs?  The situation just seems odd to say the least.

I can see how being an unproven child of a failed coach that you brought on staff to help guide you would raise some eyebrows but that’s why CJS had the foresight to sure things up by hiring Weis’ 12 year old kid.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

It can only be a good thing. 

1. We can't be any worse.

2. Failed or not, at least he has been around the game a long time. 

3. Maybe he will tell coach that we have seen all we are going to get from McCloud, and we should check our other options. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Coach Scott is a champion.

He witnessed the rise of Clemson from getting beat by USF in a bowl to seemingly a playing for a national championship every year.

He saw what it takes and took part in the culture and attitude change to get them there. But it didn’t happen over night. Our program was left an FCS dumpster fire. Everyone chill the **** out and let year 0 play out. We are who we thought we were...for now.

This year is a throw away year, so we kind of got lucky. CJS gets to cut his teeth and learn in live action and his players get experience while not losing any eligibility. Hopefully this allows him to assess the needs of the program and do targeted recruitment to address our critical needs. I hope he is learning from this process and will be a better coach for it. I hope we close out the season with better performances to calm the angst

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I saw it too - doesn't mean I had much of anything to do with it. For the life of me, someone please explain to me how a co-coordinator works? That's like a company having two CEO's.

Have no idea but at this point in time we're 1-1 on hires as head coaches ...... with one Incomplete.

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Have no idea but at this point in time we're 1-1 on hires as head coaches ...... with one Incomplete.

Huh??

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

2-2 is more like it.

Leavitt - Win

Holtz - Loss

Taggart - Win

Strong - Loss

I like our odds.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, puc86 said:

Huh??

I have no idea how a co-coordinator works but we've hired 2 as head coaches. Hit on one and the other is too early, for rational people, to fully judge ......

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I have no idea how a co-coordinator works but we've hired 2 as head coaches. Hit on one and the other is too early, for rational people, to fully judge ......

Got it so the 1 that’s a loss is the the same one that’s incomplete