• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Predictions for next year and offseason

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,549
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Of course when they come to us they are no longer 4 star players...

I realize that I was kind of hard on Blake Barnett. He is a much better player than I gave him credit for. He would have shined under CJS. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I predict I will be outraged by something and fixate on it 

american gangster GIF

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I don't think CJS really like Noah Johnson. NJ had too much going for him for CJS to not select him as the starter this year. People forget that our running back coach Pat White and one of the best BE QBS ever was actually his QB coach when he was at Alcorn State. So to me, why was Noah Johnson not given the starting job from the start?

Not sure I'm following this particular conspiracy theory. NJ showed to be the best qb from the start but for some reason CJS just doesn't like him so wouldn't give him the job ........ and over the objections of Pat White?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not sure I'm following this particular conspiracy theory. NJ showed to be the best qb from the start but for some reason CJS just doesn't like him so wouldn't give him the job ........ and over the objections of Pat White?

So you expect us to just sit around and wait for him to break his foot???

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Pat White is our current RB coach. He was also Noah Johnson's QB coach when NJ was the OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR at Alcorn State. To me, CJS should have utilized this dynamic from the start and made a game plan for NJ to lead the team this year. Im sure Pat White had enough knowledge of Noah Johnson to get the most out of him and help CJS develop a game plan. To me, there was so many more advantages to starting Noah over the other QBs.  Noah also stated that he had a great camp without throwing any interceptions. Yet for some reason it took CJS 6 games to give that man a start. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Pat White is our current RB coach. He was also Noah Johnson's QB coach when NJ was the OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR at Alcorn State. To me, CJS should have utilized this dynamic from the start and made a game plan for NJ to lead the team this year. Im sure Pat White had enough knowledge of Noah Johnson to get the most out of him and help CJS develop a game plan. To me, there was so many more advantages to starting Noah over the other QBs.  Noah also stated that he had a great camp without throwing any interceptions. Yet for some reason it took CJS 6 games to give that man a start. 

Unless one was "in the room" it's basically impossible to get an idea for why decisions were made. On the surface, your argument makes sense. He definitely came in with the most experience/success, albeit at a lower level, so there's got to be something he did, or didn't do, when he got here that kept him from seizing the starting job ....

58 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Unless one was "in the room" it's basically impossible to get an idea for why decisions were made. On the surface, your argument makes sense. He definitely came in with the most experience/success, albeit at a lower level, so there's got to be something he did, or didn't do, when he got here that kept him from seizing the starting job ....

I havent heard any bad things about him in practice, didnt throw an interception during spring camp...hell he even said he had the best spring camp of his career. I just cant figure it out. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

18 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Probably should be a completely different different thread, but why do HC’s keep moving good QB coaches to RB coach?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

1. McCloud transfers out during offseason - Agree

2. Johnson stays for next season, but loses his starting job early in the season - I don't think CJS really like Noah Johnson. NJ had too much going for him for CJS to not select him as the starter this year. People forget that our running back coach Pat White and one of the best BE QBS ever was actually his QB coach when he was at Alcorn State. So to me, why was Noah Johnson not given the starting job from the start? (no pun intended) I would like to see him back, but don't think he will be welcomed unless he dominates these remaining games. 

3. We win 6 games and go on to a bowl game, where we lose - AGREEI think we win 8-10 games. As disorganized as we are, we still came close to 6+ wins last year and could have been 3-2 by now had we played our cards better.  we are a good QB, (2) Good DTs and 2 good DEs away from being a good team. I think our o-line will get better next year. Incoming transfer Demontrey Jacobs is getting acclimated to real D1 football and should be much more dominate next year.

4. we beat UCF next year in an upset - Agree - Hell i feel we may beat their punk a$$es this year, but definitely next year! 

5. All of our commits stay and don’t flip to other schools - I hope. we have a nice running back coming in. I hope he stays

6. we get a surprise 4 star transfer - I think we get at least two 4 star  transfers and a few highly rated 3 star transfers. With 7-12 players transferring out this year, we have space to add some talent. 

So basically, you are saying we are winning the conference next year?  8-10 wins with our OOC schedule next year means 0-1 conference loses.  UF, BYU and NCSt. will be bloodbaths.  I look at our schedule and see maybe 4 wins next year.  6 would be really pushing it.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,548
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, jg233 said:

So basically, you are saying we are winning the conference next year?  8-10 wins with our OOC schedule next year means 0-1 conference loses.  UF, BYU and NCSt. will be bloodbaths.  I look at our schedule and see maybe 4 wins next year.  6 would be really pushing it.

That’s why I went with a modest 6 wins and a bowl loss.