• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Predictions for next year and offseason

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

😂😂😂 funny. Texas will never go somewhere they are too dog. Further, neither team will leave the conference where it is the easiest path for the playoffs. Never going to happen...

Ya I am not sure that Texas will ever leave their sweetheart deal but I wouldn’t be entirely shocked if Oklahoma were to one day just get sick of their **** and playing in the Texas conference.

1 minute ago, zarnozdabull said:

This is exactly what is going to happen:

Learn to love it.

USF under Jeff Scott.jpg

There is no chance that we go 2-10 this season, I would bet anything on that 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Any conference would be happy to have Texas or Oklahoma and if either of those teams were to leave for whatever reason the Big 12 is left scrambling for anything that marginally seems like a salvageable idea.

Agreed. The Big12 has seen the death of the lowest-regarded major conference before when it watched the BEast get picked apart for its scraps with the leftovers moving down a level.

Now the Big12 is in that same precarious position as the former BEast (lowest man on the totem pole) and they have to know the ONLY way to stop the death of the conference is to bring in additional teams. That most likely means bringing in the best of the next best conference - the AAC - which opens the door for a jump back to the big boy table.

When this happens, USF has to be in a position (financially, department-wise and product-wise) to capitalize on this opportunity, as it’s pretty clear there is going to be a 64-team true FBS, with the also-rans being relegated to AAA status.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If the Big 12 losses Texas and Oklahoma (or anyone else on top of it), the networks would renegotiate those contracts at likely less-than current values. So, the remaining Big 12 schools are going to lose money no matter what.

The only question will be, is its a little less by keeping the Big 12's remaining core intact and extending offers to stave off extinction OR will it be alot less by just letting the conference die and then having to hop into the AAC or MWC and take their significantly worse TV deal and brand.

The Big 12 will do what they did when they lost Missouri, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Colorado - they will go grab the best of what's left, negotiate a lesser TV deal but be happy that they are still alive and not in the AAC or MWC.

But that’s just it they WILL NOT be losing Texas or Oklahoma. Texas will never play second fiddle to anybody in a conference so they are not going anywhere. Both teams know that the easiest way to get to the playoffs is staying in the big 12. They will never risk losing that for negligible money. So the rest of your conference fantasies will not be happening. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Texas and Oklahoma are the most likely first dominos. If that doesn't happen there have always been whispers of UNC and GT to the Big 10 but I think those are alot less likely.

Texas and Oklahoma or nothing.

Neither will leave...you watch. They know a golden goose when they see one. The old GT and UNC rumor has been around for years and nothing...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

And you are loving it ........... pretty pathetic, but expected.

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Not at all.

Not buying it. One doesn't spend as much time as you do going through the Doomsday scenarios you've been going through for years to not get a kick out of it. No idea what your game is here, definitely the long con, but I'm pretty comfortable in saying I doubt you're a USF alumnus. Somebody with emotional ties to the school does not post the way you've almost always done about it. Obviously you're some sort of a Bulls "fan" just not exactly sure what kind ........ what's sad is I think the board is in bad enough shape with what the program's been going through but you've compounded the damage with your constant hammering on stuff like that incredibly stupid projection. Fans don't want to see that **** constantly thrown in their faces. As a mod I can't technically put you on Ignore but I've pretty much had my fill of your ******** and am done with you. My last suggestion is to get some help. You've some serious delusion problems.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not buying it. One doesn't spend as much time as you do going through the Doomsday scenarios you've been going through for years to not get a kick out of it. No idea what your game is here, definitely the long con, but I'm pretty comfortable in saying I doubt you're a USF alumnus. Somebody with emotional ties to the school does not post the way you've almost always done about it. Obviously you're some sort of a Bulls "fan" just not exactly sure what kind ........ what's sad is I think the board is in bad enough shape with what the program's been going through but you've compounded the damage with your constant hammering on stuff like that incredibly stupid projection. Fans don't want to see that **** constantly thrown in their faces. As a mod I can't technically put you on Ignore but I've pretty much had my fill of your ******** and am done with you. My last suggestion is to get some help. You've some serious delusion problems.

I think I’m afraid to post more tonight 

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Hall of Fame post right here!

standing ovation GIF

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

A lot of things would need to happen for the expansion scenario I laid out to occur, but its meant to emphasize that we are in a critical window right now. If the gap between the elite of the G5 and USF continues to expand, then when the next round of expansion occurs in 5 years we run the risk of being left behind. That's the endgame.

What happens in these next 4 years will likely set USF athletics future for decades to come.

There is no expansion and this team will get better...Jesus you should just post a picture of yourself with the caption “Look at me please.” 

25 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I can assure you the guy on the passenger plane that is about ready to crash into the ground isn't screaming because he wants other passengers to look at him.

You and @Triple B are the modern version of the band playing on the Titanic after its been hit. Most people with common sense jumped in the life boat 5 years ago. Maybe we are both delusional - you think nothing is wrong and I think the ship can be fixed

I can assure you that it’s been years that a major American passenger plane has gone down. You are the one delusional...you are not even a USF fan, you are a hack that needs his attention fix, plain and simple. Spend some more hours fixated on the negative, your fiction makes you look like a joke. You must be a lot of fun to be with...the real life of the party...

2B1E4F42-B544-44AB-BC6A-C024ABE4D711.jpeg

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I guess the airplane analogy was over your head. As for the rest of your post you are well off the mark - my life is going so well I am looking for things to break just so I have something to fix. Otherwise, I wouldn't have the time to worry about USF athletics.

I don’t think you actually “worry” about USF athletics versus enjoying “trolling” about them...