• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Predictions for next year and offseason

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That's what people said when when we were 7-0 in 2018 and said we would lose 4 of our last 5 regular season games (go figure that I was optimistic that we would win 1). You guys keep ignoring reality and I will keep being right. 

The last 2 years have played out as I predicted. No reason to think the near-term projection won't either. The long term stuff is just one path, but one that is possible based on our trajectory.

We were a fraud and don’t remember anyone that thought differently, 4-18 is what we were and realized CCS was garbage, not sure what CJS has in store but he appears to be a big pile of ****, as said many of times, you were not Nostradamus for saying we were horsefeathers anyone that was able to see could recognize this.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

This saddens me to no end, but also feels somewhat probable based on the last 4 years trajectory. 

sad jim carrey GIF

Please don’t buy into that bullshitt

Edited by NewEnglandBull

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And you are loving it ........... pretty pathetic, but expected.

He is not a real USF Bull...he is no better than a teenage girl looking for social media attention. 

17 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That doesn't mean I am wrong.

Well I am willing to bet that not only will this program be around a lot longer than you will, it will have a number of conference championships, a beautiful IPF, and be in an excellent FBS conference. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Not at all. I'd rather we would:

• Be in the upper half of revenues for reported AAC schools without having to do it on the backs of our students
  • Consistently be competing for a division title with the War On I-4 being the de facto division championship
  • Draw over 40k a game (non-Covid seasons)
  • Be on the radar of the local media
  • Be a destination school for recruits overlooked by the P5 and home to highly rates, select P5 transfers
  • Be a consistent participant in the NCAAT/NIT tournament
  • Field a competent baseball program that could make the NCAAT regularly

I'd settle for just some of these right - but we have NONE of them, so I am not so sure what you are expecting people to be getting chubs over when it comes to our pathetic athletic department.

Interesting that you pick out the worst three years of our program’s history in playing your game. I guess there is some attention whore on the ucf site doing the opposite...you people are a dime a dozen in all aspects of life...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Please don’t buy into that bullshitt

Not really buying into it, but just kinda sad to even think about it in those terms. You very well could see the Big12 expand and them swoop in to take Cincy, UCF and Houston - leaving USF as the only once former P5 school relegated still to the minor leagues. 

This next round of expansion feels like it could be the last chance for USF to get back to the big leagues and the current path is just getting worse by the day. I really hope I’m wrong about CJS and he turns into a great coach, but when you consistently put a sub-par product on the field for years in end, it gets hard to see the light.

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Go back and read my thread titled "We will lose 4 of our last 5 games" and look at how many people thought I was crazy. I don't mind being in the minority especially when I am right.

I would agree with almost all of that, but define "excellent FBS conference"?

Probably not P5 as those musical chair are over for AAC teams, but a conference that is close. 

Just now, brybull1970 said:

Our athletic department is dying. When are you going to wake up?

It’s not as draconian as you present and you know it. I’ll guarantee USF football will be living longer than you. 

1 minute ago, NovaBull said:

Not really buying into it, but just kinda sad to even think about it in those terms. You very well could see the Big12 expand and them swoop in to take Cincy, UCF and Houston - leaving USF as the only once former P5 school relegated still to the minor leagues. 

This next round of expansion feels like it could be the last chance for USF to get back to the big leagues and the current path is just getting worse by the day. I really hope I’m wrong about CJS and he turns into a great coach, but when you consistently put a sub-par product on the field for years in end, it gets hard to see the light.

Big12 ain’t expanding no how no way. This AAC is what you see. Don’t buy into this dudes BS. There IS NO BEXT ROUND OF EXPANSION! There is no economic criteria to support it. 

Just now, brybull1970 said:

When you look at trajectory you always look at near-recent history. When things were going well, I always had a rosier outlook especially when there was a solid foundation that wasn't subject to the whims of a recruiting cycle.

No actually, from an economic perspective, you look for trends that are measured in a scattergram which takes more than four years to determine. We are not some candy bar or fast food restaurant.