• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Confused About our Recruiting Philosophy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,876
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Sarcasm or an ill-fated attempt to back track isn't going to save you.

Telling someone they would be better served if I die, bringing my father's early passing into the conversation, and then wanting to meet up to discuss it - which is a dog whistle for threatening physical harm, is all inexcusable behavior.

I'm awaiting Brad's response before I respond accordingly. But I suspect that the lack of moderator intervention means that your type of behavior is acceptable, if not outright encouraged. 

Bry I like you but you may be one of the biggest *****’s I have ever met, don’t wait for someone to make the decision, tell me I am suspended and I will leave, don’t push that decision on the mods,

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I'm awaiting Brad's response before I respond accordingly. But I suspect that the lack of moderator intervention means that your type of behavior is acceptable, if not outright encouraged. 

There was a game on ....... and if you go up to the upper right hand corner of the post box, you'll see 3 dots, ... , click on them and it gives you an option to report a post. If you've already done that then again, there was a game on and I'm certain Brad was watching it.

And just a note, what Frisco did was wrong but I can kind of understand that he finally got fed up with your spending your Saturday on here primarily denigrating USF Athletics ..... my theory is you've still got your panties in a wad over your tiff with Brad and you were pushing today to get a result like this and wanting to see how it was handled. Personally, your comparing USF football to SIDS and an aborted baby is far more distasteful than what Frisco did.

I will let Brad know that your feelings have been hurt on this thread in case he doesn't see the Report.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I hate to say it but every college coach's legacy is tied to their ability to recruit a QB.

Hopefully not the next BJD. I would not be able to withstand that many INTs all over again.

And also to answer the OP, what kind of 4-star is trying to play for USF right now? I'm surprised CJS is able to get ANY recruits. That in itself is impressive.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The star level or school levels on the  lists I have seen really doesn't look much different than what Leavitt or Taggart were able to bring in.  It will be up to the staff to bring out the best of the players, find a way to win with the players they have and build from there. 

There are always last minute flips that coaches always seem to find better, unexpected players. 

Selfie was a 2 star center. We were the only school to offer Flowers as a QB. I believe Marlon Mack's best offer, besides USF was FAU and FIU.  

The Leavitt and Taggart filled out rosters with transfers (sometimes they work out, sometimes not). Kawika came from Georgia, Rodney Adam's from Toledo, MVS from NC State.

Gotta let the coaching staff do their thing and let it develop. I imagine things will look totally different in year 3 than in year covid.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Everyone referencing offers that our recruits may or may not have are aware that all offers are reported via word of mouth and some are just here say to make a recruit look better. Let CJS recruit who he wants and watch how he developed them. Don’t judge his class or his recruiting ability based on a loosely confirmed metric. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

12 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Slick Willie's career coaching record when QF isn't his starting quarterback is 37-55 (.402 winning percentage) - let that sink for everyone:

37-55 (.402)

Slick Willie recruited a kid nobody else offered as a QB and designed a top 5 offense around him that led to our most successful teams record wise in our history.

that's what good head coaches get paid to do.

11 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I see players with offers from FSU, Wake Forrest, WVU, Miami....plus who is to say that bigger name schools dont come sniffing around later in recruitment process for the players with smaller schools. 

and generally you sign up you best recruits at the last minute. they become available when that UF offer they were hoping for never materializes.

Marlon Mack signed with us 6 days after decomitting from UCLA

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Recruiting is about vision and development.  Since Taggart was here we’ve run 5 different offenses and each staff has recruited to those 5 different philosophies.  There has been zero continuity with our recruiting.  As far as development, we are behind just about all the other AAC schools when it comes the funds necessary to develop and compete in this conference.  Where’s the IPF and football center?  And then add to that the disinterest and the complete and utter laziness of the Chuckles era and it’s no wonder we are where we are.

It’s gonna take a while to over haul this roster but we have to stay true to our vision.  I do believe CJS will get us there but unfortunately it’s gonna take some time.

18 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Recruiting is about vision and development.  Since Taggart was here we’ve run 5 different offenses and each staff has recruited to those 5 different philosophies.  There has been zero continuity with our recruiting.  As far as development, we are behind just about all the other AAC schools when it comes the funds necessary to develop and compete in this conference.  Where’s the IPF and football center?  And then add to that the disinterest and the complete and utter laziness of the Chuckles era and it’s no wonder we are where we are.

It’s gonna take a while to over haul this roster but we have to stay true to our vision.  I do believe CJS will get us there but unfortunately it’s gonna take some time.

a big reason why UCF has had sustained success is that they hired a young energetic offensive minded head coach who had success and then replaced him with a young energetic offensive minded head coach with a similar philosophy. when we hired a retread dinosaur who was defensive minded to replace a young energetic offensive minded coach I knew we were in trouble.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Well Slick Willie is 1-3 so far doing it and got paid pretty well NOT to replicate it. 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that

he turned WKU around(had a 26 game losing streak)

definitely turned us around

left Oregon after a year for his dream job

had 1.5 years at FSU(those idiots now realize that a coach needed more time to fix the mess Fisher left there-bet they would like to have true freshman QB georgia tech has now that signed with Taggart at FSU)

I get everybody believes in instant gratification and that replacing a head coach should result in a quick fix but that's not how the real world works. if anyone thinks Scott is going to fix us in 1.5 years then they better be ready to be disappointed.

Edited by Bull94