• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So who will be the starting QB against Cinci?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

56 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Dude has an arm....just an awkward throwing motion 

I was thinking the same however too many passes would be knocked down at the line of scrimmage so not sure this would work but considering what we have seen it is worth a shot.  

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

It's really surprising to me that Noah is not a better passer - or that we haven't seen that yet. Two years ago, he completed 62% for more than 2,200 yards and 15 TDs. He threw the football 25 times a game as a junior at Alcorn. Those aren't the numbers of a guy who's just a runner at the QB position. Q Flowers only completed better than 60% one time in his three years as a starter and never threw for more than 2,900 yards in a season. I know things are relative, but I didn't expect that Johnson would be a guy that we'd be afraid to throw the ball with. The stats just don't show that. I say give him the football for a whole game and see what we have. We know what we have with McCloud. If he falls flat on his face, then it's time to focus solely on the young guys.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It's really surprising to me that Noah is not a better passer - or that we haven't seen that yet. Two years ago, he completed 62% for more than 2,200 yards and 15 TDs. He threw the football 25 times a game as a junior at Alcorn. Those aren't the numbers of a guy who's just a runner at the QB position. Q Flowers only completed better than 60% one time in his three years as a starter and never threw for more than 2,900 yards in a season. I know things are relative, but I didn't expect that Johnson would be a guy that we'd be afraid to throw the ball with. The stats just don't show that. I say give him the football for a whole game and see what we have. We know what we have with McCloud. If he falls flat on his face, then it's time to focus solely on the young guys.

I think Coach Scott is making a similar tactical error that Taggart. Adjust your playbook to the players you have and their abilities.  Flowers could not throw over the middle unless it was wide open.  Taggart created passes that were manageable to him.  I thinl Noah probably had that same situation. Stats do lie. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Maybe McCloud and Johnson could play the roles of Julmiste and Denson and they could reenact Voodoo 5 for the 15 year anniversary. 

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

I think Fortin is the obvious choice for me , when available .

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

46 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Thats what Ive been saying. Let give him the ball and at least a chance. He has a clean spiral and more zip than McCloud. In addition to being faster. If it doesnt work out with Fortin, then just give Noah the ball and save our young QBs for next year. 

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

20 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

Only because you haven't seen him play yet. Who really knows?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

43 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

Nope. I think we knew the game was going to be canceled because his name was on the 2 deep. We played the other games, but his name pops up and all of a sudden we have to cancel a game. Coincidence? I think not. Cade will now be known as Covid Cade and his name will mark the canceling of our games.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

7 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

I am saying that with my unprofessional eyes that there is a clear separation between Noah and Jordan.  McCloud of the clan McCloud is not the only one. 

I haven't seen anything at all in Noah that makes him better.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

5 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I nominate the long snapper who was hiking the ball 30 yards.

At least he can throw deep!