• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Main Board Off Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Then we're in agreement, I can under stand someone may be emotional about a sick relative, but I also believe we should make decisions base on facts and not emotions.

Says the guy who preaches that Slappy Jimbo should return to USF 🙀🙀🙀

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Here immunity is not built by catching a disease or virus. That’s not how that works.

herd im·mu·ni·ty

noun
  1. the resistance to the spread of a contagious disease within a population that results if a sufficiently high proportion of individuals are immune to the disease, especially through vaccination.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

51 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Says the guy who preaches that Slappy Jimbo should return to USF 🙀🙀🙀

The Judyites decision to fire CJL was a regrettable decision based on emotion due to media hysteria at the time about supposed abuse of college athletes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

11 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

The Judyites decision to fire CJL was a regrettable decision based on emotion due to media hysteria at the time about supposed abuse of college athletes.

We could have continued with all the conference championships.  Sure, he beat UCF who was recruiting to a lower conference.  I'm so glad we've returned to this topic. It has been a few days.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We could have continued with all the conference championships.  Sure, he beat UCF who was recruiting to a lower conference.  I'm so glad we've returned to this topic. It has been a few days.  

Every now and then it’s fun to poke the stray dog. 

23 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

This issue, is never the issue, the issue is always the glorious return of CJL.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Then we're in agreement, I can under stand someone may be emotional about a sick relative, but I also believe we should make decisions base on facts and not emotions.

But facts can be so hard to sort through. On the one hand, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases who's advised six different presidential administrations and is literally one of the world's foremost experts on this very situation says I should keep social distancing and staying home for a bit longer. On the other hand, the host of a reality TV show told me I should eat Tide pods and spray my insides with Lysol. Who do I believe?

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

But facts can be so hard to sort through. On the one hand, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases who's advised six different presidential administrations and is literally one of the world's foremost experts on this very situation says I should keep social distancing and staying home for a bit longer. On the other hand, the host of a reality TV show told me I should eat Tide pods and spray my insides with Lysol. Who do I believe?

I can tell your a consumer of daily propaganda, as you're taking the President out of context.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I can tell your a consumer of daily propaganda, as you're taking the President out of context.

I follow Reckitt Benckiser on Twitter. I didn't realize we'd gotten to the point where we're calling the maker of Clearasil a pusher of propaganda.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

Here immunity is not built by catching a disease or virus. That’s not how that works.

herd im·mu·ni·ty

noun
  1. the resistance to the spread of a contagious disease within a population that results if a sufficiently high proportion of individuals are immune to the disease, especially through vaccination.

That is the preferred method if a vaccine is available but in the absence of one if 60 percent of people are less susceptible because they have the antibodies thru exposure it is also achieved and diseases spread is greatly reduced and far more controlled. The often cited 1918 spanish flu is an example of this, it did not miracle itself away it eventually was caught by enough people that it was no longer a grave issue.

Edited by puc86