• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Main Board Off Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm not even sure what this thread is....

It was what Ricky's thread about our #2 SOS devolved into starting at the 2nd response. Figured someone new coming to board that actually may be interested in reading about that shouldn't have been needlessly exposed to all this. We can move all these back into it if you'd like.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I was in a pissy mood last night when I posted last night BUT I saw his face and there was not a hint of a smirk or smile when he said it. Nothing in his tone to make you think he wasn't being totally serious. On line it is tough to get sarcasm across unless it is blatant.  But if we are face to face there will be something in your voice or face that will let you know a person is yanking your chain.

As tough as it is for me to say, after re-reading the transcript of what he said, I agree with the cult members that the leftist part of the media blew the disinfectant part way out of proportion. I really don't think he was specifically talking about injecting the same type disinfectant used externally with his comments, "And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it’d be interesting to check that." I think what he was trying to stupidly say to the doctors, like JT referred to, was "gee, have you guys thought of trying to come up with a medicine that knocks out the virus inside the body?"  ..... and he was too ignorant to go back and look at what he said, actually believed the leftist part of the media's spin and came up with the dumbest, unbelievable excuse ever. Bottom line, though, no matter which way you care to look at it, it's just another example of why the buffoon needs to shut the **** up at the pressers and get the hell out of the way.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

20 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Again, you're blinded by TDS and propaganda, no one seriously thinks he would believe that injecting yourself with bleach is a good thing. However, anything you put in your body to kill a disease could be considered a disinfectant.  Perhaps he made a poor choice of words, which we all do at times, however he's not a medical Doctor, and most people realize that, so I don't expect him to speak on things outside his area of expertise with 100% accuracy.  If the leftist press applied the same standards to Joe Biden, that they hold President Trump to, he would not be the current Democrat candidate for President.  This is nothing burger, just like Russia, just like Impeachment, and just like the China Virus.  Leftist Propagandist trying to discredit the President.  If we don't have a college football season this year, it's the fault of leftist news outlets.

Your defense of the indefensible is impressive. This isn’t just speaking outside of your expertise. Anyone that can read a warning label would not have said what he said, and to suggest that Drs are going to “look into it” as though they don’t know what happens when internal organs are exposed to caustic chemicals, reaffirms that he is either: illiterate; has a mental defect, or; is intentionally trying to harm people. Honestly, I don’t know which on it is, but it has become an embarrassment. His staff finally figured out that they can’t keep having him up there saying stupid **** and it’s become politically harmful. Thus, no more pressers.

BTW, the Senate Intelligence Committee, with its republican majority, just affirmed that Russia was not a nothing burger.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Then by all means run outside naked and rub yourself all over anything and everything. 

I’m not sure that clothes are exactly PPE for avoiding viruses but perhaps  there is  a middle ground between everyone actively trying to get the virus at once and slowing down the spread to the point where it is an eternal cause for panic. You know kind of like the stated purpose and only documented purpose of mitigation tactics. Flattening the curve has been bastardized to being a cure and there is absolutely no reason to believe that it can be used to lead to even a single less infection long term because it has never been used in that capacity before and not one study or claim on it has ever been for more than controlling the flow of hospitalizations. 

In all fairness to Trump saying indefensible things Biden very well maybe saying the exact same idiocy it just cannot be interpreted out of, “we got this thing this whatcha call it, Dos Equis -19 and we just have to you know, you know do stuff like that one time some did something in the other time that other people got sick like when Abraham Lincoln in WWII did stuff like you know, make it better Trump hasn’t made it better and if we just tried something like do stuff with stuff it would be better you know, I’m sorry”.

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Everything up to this point has been about mitigating the risk of spread. Until anti-virals are developed and then a vaccine there will always be some level of risk. All I know is that by staying at home I minimize the risk of getting infected and infecting my family so I am going to keep isolating until its relatively safe to get back out there, which I know is super subjetive and what everyone is arguing/complaining about.

We agree. People are pretending that mitigation is a cure, it is not and people need to make the best decisions for their situations which may have some people being risk adverse for various reasons while others may take their own precautions while being more risk neutral. There is absolutely no current end on the horizon and there has to be a path that is beyond stay in your home while your life falls apart for those that see that risk as worse than their risk of the disease.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

In all fairness to Trump saying indefensible things Biden very well maybe saying the exact same idiocy it just cannot be interpreted out of, “we got this thing this whatcha call it, Dos Equis -19 and we just have to you know, you know do stuff like that one time some did something in the other time that other people got sick like when Abraham Lincoln in WWII did stuff like you know, make it better Trump hasn’t made it better and if we just tried something like do stuff with stuff it would be better you know, I’m sorry”.

His Twitter account manager has said the exact opposite: 

I get that they both have diarrhea of the mouth, and Joe has the benefit of hindsight, but I would have to think that we can certainly do better than what we have now.

33 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

His Twitter account manager has said the exact opposite: 

I get that they both have diarrhea of the mouth, and Joe has the benefit of hindsight, but I would have to think that we can certainly do better than what we have now.

Trump’s handlers say the complete opposite as well. Trump is not the best president, Trump is not the best Republican candidate (if he is even a Republican), Joe Biden would not be the best President and he definitely is not the best candidate Democrats could have picked. The nature of the the two party system is that most people pick what they feel is the least offensive option and the nature of the 24 hour news cycle and constant criticism is that even the best options from the parties wouldn’t have an interest. Beating Trump should have been a slam dunk both times and both times the Democrats say hold my beer.. it is baffling.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Link?   😎  Those are Joe Biden sunglasses BTW.

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Link?   😎  Those are Joe Biden sunglasses BTW.

Have you watched any of his ramblings on any interview or any speech anywhere? It is laughably bad, it looks like another year of writing in @puc86 for me. The only people that don’t laugh at Trump are die hard Trump supporters and the only people that don’t laugh at Biden are die hard Biden supporters, the rest of us laugh to stop from crying that these are our options. If anyone thinks Biden is impressive (not comparatively impressive to Trump but impressive on his own end) they shouldn’t be allowed to vote.