• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Main Board Off Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/21/2020 at 11:12 PM, JTrue said:

Those numbers wouldn’t of been from the protests. It takes a 2-14 days to incubate before showing symptoms.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

This has not been as bad as the media has made it out to be.  I know plenty of people who have lost their jobs because of this and zero people who have been diagnosed with the Wuhan Flu.  I've heard this flu has a recovery rate of over 98%.  The people who would be susceptible to it are the same people who would be susceptible to death by the regular flu.  The treatment has been worse then the disease.  If you're susceptible, then act accordingly, if you're not just follow good personal hygiene and you'll be alright.  I'm proud the see the Southern States taking the lead on getting back to work.

Edited by lotsofbull99

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 4/21/2020 at 6:21 PM, Friscobull said:

It is a complete Armageddon in Tampa Bay, with all of the seniors there they have a total of 35 deaths and about 1400 total cases in a population of a couple million people (hills and Pinellas) made up of a majority of the most vulnerable population.  They should probably close down the state for the rest of the year.  The numbers are not doubling by the day, but why bother with facts, hell even Bill Maher thinks this is overblown and the media is participating in histrionics. 

you really care so little about someone else's life?

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 4/21/2020 at 7:54 PM, puc86 said:

I hate when people try to threadjack with topics that have nothing to do with the original post and have been discussed countless times...  

i feel the same  way

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

33 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

This has not been as bad as the media has made it out to be.  I know plenty of people who have lost their jobs because of this and zero people who have been diagnosed with the Wuhan Flu.  I've heard this flu has a recovery rate of over 98%.  The people who would be susceptible to it are the same people who would be susceptible to death by the regular flu.  The treatment has been worse then the disease.  If you're susceptible, then act accordingly, if you're not just follow good personal hygiene and you'll be alright.  I'm proud the see the Southern States taking the lead on getting back to work.

That's the thing about percentages.  If you and someone you know don't have it they aren't a big deal. But our friend that was in an induced coma for 10 days probably disagrees.  The doc said it was a miracle that he made it. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

26 minutes ago, smazza said:

you really care so little about someone else's life?

I do care and that is the reason I think they need to open it back up.  I am prepared and can ride out this vacation and it has not affected me much.  I am concerned with those that are not as fortunate and want them to be able to keep a roof over  their head and be able to eat.  The numbers do not justify the response however like Cousin Ricky said, if you know someone affected you may feel differently.  My only ask is do not sensationalize the actual numbers so we operate more from facts than fears.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That's the thing about percentages.  If you and someone you know don't have it they aren't a big deal. But our friend that was in an induced coma for 10 days probably disagrees.  The doc said it was a miracle that he made it. 

I know I ought not but I cannot help myself and I will bite. Odds are still odds and most people do not alter their behavior in any regard despite their proximity to people on the wrong side of them i.e. smokers are more likely to begat smoker, alcoholics are more likely to begat alcoholics and people entrenched in gambling are more likely to know people that have lost everything to gambling (often times more than once). Every single study on antibodies of covid are showing the mortality rate on it is not particularly alarming in comparison to other infectious diseases and it is taking place from California to NY to England to Europe to Asia. Flattening the curve has never purported to lead to one less infection in life and its only stated goal is to spread out infections to allow hospitals to not be overrun, something that they have not even come close to doing in except a handful of places in the US. If not one person leaves Hillsborough County, moves here or is born the current run rate for reaching herd immunity in Hillsborough county would be 13 years of quarantine which is a waste of time and resources since the only way any more people die from mass spread vs flattening the curve is if hospital beds become unavailable, something we have not even come remotely close to in this area. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The zero defect mentality is not practical to implement, there are many ways we can die each day, just leaving the house.  If I follow your logic, no one, should ever leave their home, or return to work, ever.  The risk for the vast majority of the population is very low.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

36 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

The zero defect mentality is not practical to implement, there are many ways we can die each day, just leaving the house.  If I follow your logic, no one, should ever leave their home, or return to work, ever.  The risk for the vast majority of the population is very low.

That wasn't my point. You think 2% or whatever isn't bad, and it isn't.  But if it was you, your parent or child you would be more inclined to think we should continue to be careful.  Personally, I think beaches and parks should be open so that there is more room to roam.  Our neighborhood is like 275 during rush hour. Bikes and pedestrians trying to share narrow sidewalks.  And open up our pool so I can go back to swimming for exercise.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

That wasn't my point. You think 2% or whatever isn't bad, and it isn't.  But if it was you, your parent or child you would be more inclined to think we should continue to be careful.  Personally, I think beaches and parks should be open so that there is more room to roam.  Our neighborhood is like 275 during rush hour. Bikes and pedestrians trying to share narrow sidewalks.  And open up our pool so I can go back to swimming for exercise.

Then we're in agreement, I can under stand someone may be emotional about a sick relative, but I also believe we should make decisions base on facts and not emotions.