• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott's got some new digs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Real estate is one of those things in life where, even if you might be stretching, you buy it.   It's the best investment there is.  Good for him for purchasing something big like that.   

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Real estate is one of those things in life where, even if you might be stretching, you buy it.   It's the best investment there is.  Good for him for purchasing something big like that.   

Some people would argue against that.  Ask someone that bought a house in 2006 and had to sell it years later.  A lot of it is timing.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Some people would argue against that.  Ask someone that bought a house in 2006 and had to sell it years later.  A lot of it is timing.  

That's certainly true, but you're referencing one snippet of time.  We purchased a home in 2007 here in GA, weathered the recession, and sold at a profit in 2013.  We then purchased a short sale home for about what we got for the other one, renovated before moving in and 7 years later, we've got well over $100k in equity.  Other investment vehicles are much more volatile.  One of the best ways to build wealth is to move to a bigger house every 3-5 years, then you can probably sit on a pile of cash when you downsize later in life.   

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

That's certainly true, but you're referencing one snippet of time.  We purchased a home in 2007 here in GA, weathered the recession, and sold at a profit in 2013.  We then purchased a short sale home for about what we got for the other one, renovated before moving in and 7 years later, we've got well over $100k in equity.  Other investment vehicles are much more volatile.  One of the best ways to build wealth is to move to a bigger house every 3-5 years, then you can probably sit on a pile of cash when you downsize later in life.   

My mom bought a home down here in our area and, after she went into assisted living, sold at a significant loss.  Normally, if you sell a house in an area and buy a larger house in that area you may make money on the first house but then are buying the other house at the inflated price.  Now, moving from one area, NJ in our case, to FL you benefit from the regional differences.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

In addition to his 5 year deal with USF he either has a lot of confidence or a lot of Clemson money, somewhere.

When I return to Florida, I'll be looking for a similar house since I imagine all you guys will be visiting frequently.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

In addition to his 5 year deal with USF he either has a lot of confidence or a lot of Clemson money, somewhere.

When I return to Florida, I'll be looking for a similar house since I imagine all you guys will be visiting frequently.

I left Tampa after the 2004 and 2005 hurricane seasons, went to Texas and we got nailed by Hurricane Ike, Harvey, Hail Tornadoes etc... if I ever come back then it may be the apocalypse so bunker down and pray that I never come back to the sunshine state, (wife wants to retire in Siesta key).  I have been blessed with good fortune in life however weather not so much.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, smazza said:

That house  would be 10 to 20times that amount in la

And 1/3 of the price in Vegas. WeHo do you think I left WeHo for Vegas?

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The person I bought from in Vegas coincidentally. They paid $50,000 more than I bought it for and I’m already up $30,000. Real estate is all about timing.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

On 2/12/2020 at 8:05 AM, ForestBull said:

Lol What does marriage have to do with it?

"what does marriage have to do with it"  ahhh, Ike and Tine Turner song Right??                                                           Oh wait, that Love !!   

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

On 2/14/2020 at 3:35 PM, GaUSFBull said:

Preach it!