• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS After the game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

18 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Oh wow I didn’t realize these “phones” as you call them have the power to activate coaches in the USF system who haven’t even been hired yet. 
My entire point is the staff is not complete and the recruiting period starts within days of the championship game.  
Y’all are acting like you’ve never on boarded new employees at a job before.  It takes time just to get someone activated on an email server, to say nothing about authorizing credit cards and who knows what else has to be done for the coaches.

The coaches don't do that stuff. Admin people do that.  And I have no idea if those people are working this week or if they worked last week.  

And for the hiring, didn't he amazingly while at Clemson hire a DL coach?  People work remotely all the time. I worked for the State of NJ while living in Florida for a couple of years until I retired.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

I have as much school pride as the next guy, but we're USF, we're not missing out on any 4-5 star recruits because he is coaching another week at Clemson.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

19 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

After some of these ridiculous arguments on here lately, I won't miss visiting this place daily during the off-season.  I'm sure there was a line of 4 and 5 star recruits waiting to sign here but went elsewhere because he is coaching Clemson through the playoffs.  🙄

4 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I have as much school pride as the next guy, but we're USF, we're not missing out on any 4-5 star recruits because he is coaching another week at Clemson.

It’s so bold of you to introduce that argument, that no one else has made, and then refute it.  And not once, but twice!

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The coaches don't do that stuff. Admin people do that.  And I have no idea if those people are working this week or if they worked last week.  

And for the hiring, didn't he amazingly while at Clemson hire a DL coach?  People work remotely all the time. I worked for the State of NJ while living in Florida for a couple of years until I retired.  

I don’t understand how my point was missed.  Of course administrators and IT people do the actual work of getting new employees into the system.  My point is that ramp up takes time and we currently do not have every staff position filled.  Thus, for every argument I see about “it’s only another week” or Scott’s only at Clemson “until Jan 13”, I say “you are underestimating the logistics of spinning new hires up”.  The longer it takes us to staff our positions, the longer it takes those new employees to move down here, get acclimated, get into the system, and thus the less time they have to prepare for recruiting.

That particular point I’m making has nothing to do with whether or not Scott can make a hire remotely, it has everything to do with how long it’s taking him to do so because he has prioritized another job over USF.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

42 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Oh wow I didn’t realize these “phones” as you call them have the power to activate coaches in the USF system who haven’t even been hired yet. 
My entire point is the staff is not complete and the recruiting period starts within days of the championship game.  
Y’all are acting like you’ve never on boarded new employees at a job before.  It takes time just to get someone activated on an email server, to say nothing about authorizing credit cards and who knows what else has to be done for the coaches.

I'm not sure how many times this needs to be repeated.  The staff isn't complete because CJS is at Clemson.  It's not complete because the few position coaches left are probably still coaching for bowl games/CFP.

All the main guys are hired.  HC, OC, DC, S&C, QBs, ST, etc.  You're worried about an RB and DB coaches?

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

My point is that ramp up takes time and we currently do not have every staff position filled.

Believe we're missing a DB and RB coach.  The DB coach is probably coming from Clemson.  Not sure what else we are missing.  Someone has a thread but we're covered at OC/QB, DC/LB, S&C, DLine, TE, WR, Special Teams. 

How many more do you think we're going to hire?  Once these guys get hired and recruiting opens up, they won't be standing in line at USF's HR office filling out forms.  They'll be out recruiting.  

I get what you are saying in that it would be ideal to have him here but I think you are overestimating the damage it is doing.

Edit: Sorry Apis, you posted yours as I was typing.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

31 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

It says a lot about his loyalty to Clemson.  The place he went to school, played football for, and worked his entire professional career at up to this point.  I doubt 4-5 years of service at USF will make him bleed green and gold and make him stay on for some NY6 bowl if a P5 job (especially if it were Clemson) came calling.  Speculation but that’s based on how he’s treating USF right now.

I'm sure CJS has a purpose to his life's direction. He needs to build a resume at the HC level hopefully, on success. His future?? who knows. If we get this program on the right track built on consistent winning that's a good thing for all of us to enjoy.  We also know the likelihood of his leaving is prob a given at some point. To early to worry about that even before it's begun.  I just get the read that this guy wont be a job jumper. Future Clemson HC ?? Maybe. We know the Group of 5 is the coach building platform. This man could be a different animal from what we have seen to date at USF. Might be a good thing. If he and the Admin now have a goal to build a consistent winner at USF....hard to ***** at that it's what we've been waiting for.. If USF wants to build our football program into one resembling Clemson...Go for it !

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

Self righteous people are never wrong. 

Edited by jchem1995

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This is an interesting thread

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

19 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Self righteous people are never wrong. 

preach heben nigatu GIF

Raise the roof and lower the floor. Look out people, I'm out the door.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

31 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm not sure how many times this needs to be repeated.  The staff isn't complete because CJS is at Clemson.  It's not complete because the few position coaches left are probably still coaching for bowl games/CFP.

All the main guys are hired.  HC, OC, DC, S&C, QBs, ST, etc.  You're worried about an RB and DB coaches?

Our last RB coach was Shaun King and he was recruiter of the year for AAC in 2017.  So yes every coach has the potential to make an impact and I’m worried about every open position because of ramp up time.  It could all be a moot point if coaches get hired and setup today or tomorrow, but I’m talking about the disadvantage we have right now.  And I’m harping in it because few want to call it a disadvantage.

30 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Believe we're missing a DB and RB coach.  The DB coach is probably coming from Clemson.  Not sure what else we are missing.  Someone has a thread but we're covered at OC/QB, DC/LB, S&C, DLine, TE, WR, Special Teams. 

How many more do you think we're going to hire?  Once these guys get hired and recruiting opens up, they won't be standing in line at USF's HR office filling out forms.  They'll be out recruiting.  

I get what you are saying in that it would be ideal to have him here but I think you are overestimating the damage it is doing.

Edit: Sorry Apis, you posted yours as I was typing.

I absolutely may be overestimating the damage.  I’ve never done coaching before, what the hell do I know?  My big issue here is that few want to call it even a potential problem (that he’s not here full time), so I’m trying to illustrate all the issues and call them out as opportunity costs Scott has caused by going for a third natty instead of helping us.

When people act like it’s a good thing that he’s focused on something else right now it makes my brain explode because it’s obvious to me that not having a full time coach < having a full time coach.

If everyone was instead saying “well it stinks that he’s not here now, but we just have to hope it works out for the best” then I’d literally have nothing to say.

Edited by Ghostbuster