• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS After the game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

4 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Hey we get 50% off Papa Johns pizza With the win from yesterday. It’s on USF Facebook page with the promo code. Way better than the dry over rated Publix chicken tender subs. 

Papa Johns is just meh, just like Publix chicken tenders.  Publix wings aren't horrible but don't go out of my way to get them either.  Annnnnnd, another thread hijacked.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Hey we get 50% off Papa Johns pizza With the win from yesterday. It’s on USF Facebook page with the promo code. Way better than the dry over rated Publix chicken tender subs. 

pizza for breakfast ??  sorry I didn't mean to dampen your excitement.... of course I remember the days of old when a morning after seemed to go well with cold pizza...Enjoy your pizza. I think it's called Papa Shaquille's now.  Doesn't quite have the same ring to it though.....Maybe Pizza Shaq would work better... 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, smazza said:

you are assuming he isnt working 20 hours a day and giving a fair number of those hours to usf

scott is smart enough to know his future depends on usf's success

apis is right.the players arent practicing.

we are at the same disadvantage because we fired a coach at the end of the season and hired an outsider.But the outsider we hired has been with the top college team for over a decade.

ghostbuster-are you against hiring of scott? or are you saying usf should have made him quit?

USF absolutely should have gotten a coach that wanted to be here day one and make this job his priority.  Scott couldn’t be clearer with his decision to stay with Clemson that USF is not his priority.  How this is spun as a positive, instead of openly admitted to as a negative, is beyond me.  That is why I maintain it’s a coping mechanism.  We got a new girlfriend but she wants some extra time with her ex to break up the right way.

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

The recruiting argument doesn't hold water. Dec 16-Jan 16 is a recruiting dead period 

I’m no coach and I’m betting you aren’t either....so suggesting there is literally no advantage to a complete coaching staff in place preparing for recruiting over a month vs a partial staff whose focus is divided is what doesn’t hold water.

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

As someone said before, it's the recruiting dead period.  He, and the coaches that he has added can call or text recruits from here or up in Clemson.  Visits aren't allowed anyway.

He's added coaches during this time up in Clemson and I suspect he's waiting for bowl games, CFP to end before adding the rest.

So, he can literally do everything that he is allowed to do as our head coach from up there.  Yes, you're worried about a, "little thing."

Everyone is using the “dead period” as a crutch to excuse not doing stuff, as if the entire staff can simply be turned to *recruiting mode* within a couple of days of the Clemson natty game.  You all realize coaches have to move down here, find a place to live, get setup within the USF system, get work credit cards activated for spending, have meetings to plan and coordinate the recruiting....etc etc.  I can imagine a ton of red tape that would need to be cleared up beforehand, but everyone else is ignoring that and insisting it’s no big deal to have this disadvantage when we shouldn’t have it.

Scott has already won his natty, and not just once but twice while at Clemson.  He’s not the head coach, and isn’t even the sole offensive coordinator so staying on for another run isn’t that critical.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

USF absolutely should have gotten a coach that wanted to be here day one and make this job his priority.  Scott couldn’t be clearer with his decision to stay with Clemson that USF is not his priority.  How this is spun as a positive, instead of openly admitted to as a negative, is beyond me.  That is why I maintain it’s a coping mechanism.  We got a new girlfriend but she wants some extra time with her ex to break up the right way.

I’m no coach and I’m betting you aren’t either....so suggesting there is literally no advantage to a complete coaching staff in place preparing for recruiting over a month vs a partial staff whose focus is divided is what doesn’t hold water.

Everyone is using the “dead period” as a crutch to excuse not doing stuff, as if the entire staff can simply be turned to *recruiting mode* within a couple of days of the Clemson natty game.  You all realize coaches have to move down here, find a place to live, get setup within the USF system, get work credit cards activated for spending, have meetings to plan and coordinate the recruiting....etc etc.  I can imagine a ton of red tape that would need to be cleared up beforehand, but everyone else is ignoring that and insisting it’s no big deal to have this disadvantage when we shouldn’t have it.

Scott has already won his natty, and not just once but twice while at Clemson.  He’s not the head coach, and isn’t even the sole offensive coordinator so staying on for another run isn’t that critical.

If it is Giselle I'd let Brady have 2 extra weeks.

Wives do that.

Sure that is all in place.  These new things called phones are amazing. You can even see the person you are talking with.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Personally, I think CJS staying with Clemson is admirable and says a lot about his character/loyalty. We already sniffed some success w/ WT only to have him cut and run for his first Dream Job. CJS can prob multi task so we are prob receiving some benefit that we don't know is going on. He isn't  coming to USF to fail....All the arguments are prob just individual worries since we just witnessed a house cleaning. Now the ones about CJL and JG are strange but....

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

If it is Giselle I'd let Brady have 2 extra weeks.

Wives do that.

Sure that is all in place.  These new things called phones are amazing. You can even see the person you are talking with.

Oh wow I didn’t realize these “phones” as you call them have the power to activate coaches in the USF system who haven’t even been hired yet. 
My entire point is the staff is not complete and the recruiting period starts within days of the championship game.  
Y’all are acting like you’ve never on boarded new employees at a job before.  It takes time just to get someone activated on an email server, to say nothing about authorizing credit cards and who knows what else has to be done for the coaches.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The Jimbo Leavitt crowd are looking for any excuse to discredit Scott. Secretly they will be cheering for his failure as they feel threatened by what they know is coming...the greatest five years in the history of USF football. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Personally, I think CJS staying with Clemson is admirable and says a lot about his character/loyalty. We already sniffed some success w/ WT only to have him cut and run for his first Dream Job. CJS can prob multi task so we are prob receiving some benefit that we don't know is going on. He isn't  coming to USF to fail....All the arguments are prob just individual worries since we just witnessed a house cleaning. Now the ones about CJL and JG are strange but....

It says a lot about his loyalty to Clemson.  The place he went to school, played football for, and worked his entire professional career at up to this point.  I doubt 4-5 years of service at USF will make him bleed green and gold and make him stay on for some NY6 bowl if a P5 job (especially if it were Clemson) came calling.  Speculation but that’s based on how he’s treating USF right now.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

After some of these ridiculous arguments on here lately, I won't miss visiting this place daily during the off-season.  I'm sure there was a line of 4 and 5 star recruits waiting to sign here but went elsewhere because he is coaching Clemson through the playoffs.  🙄

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The Jimbo Leavitt crowd are looking for any excuse to discredit Scott. Secretly they will be cheering for his failure as they feel threatened by what they know is coming...the greatest five years in the history of USF football. 

I sure hope you don’t think I’m in that crowd.  
As much as I like ole Jim, I didn’t want to hear ESPN comment during every single game about how USF hired back the guy that smacked a kid.

I’m genuinely put off by the fact that our new coach is spurning us, and setting us behind, for a chance to do something he has already done twice.  (And it drives me nuts that I feel like I’m one of the few who actually see that)

Edited by Ghostbuster