• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS After the game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

There's not a lot of, "work" that can be done right now.  In the grand scheme of things, it's not going to hurt us one iota to have CJS finishing out in Clemson and it might actually be a benefit.  But hey, you go ahead and continue to ***** about little things.

I’m complaining that we literally don’t have a full time dedicated coach through January 13 and that is a “little thing”?  I honestly laughed out loud when I read that from you.

When you say there is not a lot of work to be done, what is that based off of? It sure feels like that’s a coping mechanism to deal with an unfavorable situation.  And I say unfavorable because to me, it’s intrinsically obvious that *not* having a dedicated coach (or full staff) for longer than every other FBS team out there, is a disadvantage.  

I mean, If you objectively cannot see a problem with a brand new head coach being absent for nearly a month in between recruiting periods (when he hasn’t even finished staffing his coaching positions that will be doing recruiting), then we have no common base to continue this discussion from.  To go a step further and suggest that it might actually be a benefit is just absurd to me.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

I’m complaining that we literally don’t have a full time dedicated coach through January 13 and that is a “little thing”?  I honestly laughed out loud when I read that from you.

When you say there is not a lot of work to be done, what is that based off of? It sure feels like that’s a coping mechanism to deal with an unfavorable situation.  And I say unfavorable because to me, it’s intrinsically obvious that *not* having a dedicated coach (or full staff) for longer than every other FBS team out there, is a disadvantage.  

I mean, If you objectively cannot see a problem with a brand new head coach being absent for nearly a month in between recruiting periods (when he hasn’t even finished staffing his coaching positions that will be doing recruiting), then we have no common base to continue this discussion from.  To go a step further and suggest that it might actually be a benefit is just absurd to me.

you are assuming he isnt working 20 hours a day and giving a fair number of those hours to usf

scott is smart enough to know his future depends on usf's success

apis is right.the players arent practicing.

we are at the same disadvantage because we fired a coach at the end of the season and hired an outsider.But the outsider we hired has been with the top college team for over a decade.

ghostbuster-are you against hiring of scott? or are you saying usf should have made him quit?

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Your of the tribe of the Judyites if you still support the sacking on CJL, the greatest Football Coach in USF history.

i see..because prez judy did the sacking.what choice did she have?

leavitt may be the greatest we ever had because we had some average  coaches. but someone posted facts that leavitt could recruit less academically qualified kids whereas holtz and the others couldnt.if true that changes everything.leavitt didnt take advantage of that.he never won!!!Couldnt win the big game.

leavitt was great for usf in starting the program but he couldnt win consistently.he would have struggled in the aac.he made a mess of the oregon situation

leavitt has had a good career as an assistant and is now a fau.lets all be happy for him and usf

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, smazza said:

i see..because prez judy did the sacking.what choice did she have?

leavitt may be the greatest we ever had because we had some average  coaches. but someone posted facts that leavitt could recruit less academically qualified kids whereas holtz and the others couldnt.if true that changes everything.leavitt didnt take advantage of that.he never won!!!Couldnt win the big game.

leavitt was great for usf in starting the program but he couldnt win consistently.he would have struggled in the aac.he made a mess of the oregon situation

leavitt has had a good career as an assistant and is now a fau.lets all be happy for him and usf

This response is entirely to long, I suspect that Smazza’s account has been hacked 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

The recruiting argument doesn't hold water. Dec 16-Jan 16 is a recruiting dead period 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

As someone said before, it's the recruiting dead period.  He, and the coaches that he has added can call or text recruits from here or up in Clemson.  Visits aren't allowed anyway.

He's added coaches during this time up in Clemson and I suspect he's waiting for bowl games, CFP to end before adding the rest.

So, he can literally do everything that he is allowed to do as our head coach from up there.  Yes, you're worried about a, "little thing."

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

43 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

As someone said before, it's the recruiting dead period.  He, and the coaches that he has added can call or text recruits from here or up in Clemson.  Visits aren't allowed anyway.

He's added coaches during this time up in Clemson and I suspect he's waiting for bowl games, CFP to end before adding the rest.

So, he can literally do everything that he is allowed to do as our head coach from up there.  Yes, you're worried about a, "little thing."

In all fairness to him the people that started the it’s a big thing argument were those trying to say that this is the greatest thing that can happen to USF because of all the publicity and recruiting advantages it would create. Now that the argument doesn’t pass the giggle test and we have seen a little less than zero national publicity from it and a pretty lackluster recruiting class the argument has pivoted to it’s just not a big thing. It may not be even close to the worst thing that can happen to us but it certainly isn’t giving us any major benefits either.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

isn’t giving us any major benefits either.

I can agree with that

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Hey we get 50% off Papa Johns pizza With the win from yesterday. It’s on USF Facebook page with the promo code. Way better than the dry over rated Publix chicken tender subs. 

promo code is USFWINS

Edited by jchem1995
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Staff will be in their roles at USF after New Years if not currently. Recruiting? Position coaches are prob going to target some of the guys that they already had in their sights at their previous location. CJS will prob recruit some that he already had on his Clemson list. There has to be a lot of quality kids that aspire to go to Clemson that wont be offered due to the number of avail scholarships so?? If they see merit in coming further south or are already FL kids we will prob recv some benefit. ?? A lot of recruiting these days involves phone, twitter, email contacts.