• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS After the game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, smazza said:

i see..because prez judy did the sacking.what choice did she have?

leavitt may be the greatest we ever had because we had some average  coaches. but someone posted facts that leavitt could recruit less academically qualified kids whereas holtz and the others couldnt.if true that changes everything.leavitt didnt take advantage of that.he never won!!!Couldnt win the big game.

leavitt was great for usf in starting the program but he couldnt win consistently.he would have struggled in the aac.he made a mess of the oregon situation

leavitt has had a good career as an assistant and is now a fau.lets all be happy for him and usf

Leavitt's strength was his fatal flaw, like a Shakespearean tragedy. He could not control his emotions, it made him a great motivator and he could recruit players that over-performed, but not being able to control his emotions made him a toxic person, hit a student and then be unable to apologize and take the necessary steps to remain here. If he apologizes and goes to anger management he's here a lot longer but he can't control his emotions well enough for that.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The Jimbo Leavitt crowd are looking for any excuse to discredit Scott. Secretly they will be cheering for his failure as they feel threatened by what they know is coming...the greatest five years in the history of USF football. 

It's like the novella the 80 yard run, where a guy lives the glory of his 80 yard run his entire life while his wife climbs the career ladder and divorces him because he can't hack it in real life. Extra kick to the balls, the 80 yard run was in practice. Leavitt had a beautiful, wonderful, glorious #2 ranking when we beat big times while the rest of the top #25 was losing games against one another, then he couldn't hold on to it. He'd never have done it again, it was great while it happened but required so much to go our way, and then October happened as it always does.

One could argue that Leavitt tanking the APR is directly responsible for the misery we endured under Holtz.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Our last RB coach was Shaun King and he was recruiter of the year for AAC in 2017.  So yes every coach has the potential to make an impact and I’m worried about every open position because of ramp up time.  It could all be a moot point if coaches get hired and setup today or tomorrow, but I’m talking about the disadvantage we have right now.  And I’m harping in it because few want to call it a disadvantage.

I absolutely may be overestimating the damage.  I’ve never done coaching before, what the hell do I know?  My big issue here is that few want to call it even a potential problem (that he’s not here full time), so I’m trying to illustrate all the issues and call them out as opportunity costs Scott has caused by going for a third natty instead of helping us.

When people act like it’s a good thing that he’s focused on something else right now it makes my brain explode because it’s obvious to me that not having a full time coach < having a full time coach.

If everyone was instead saying “well it stinks that he’s not here now, but we just have to hope it works out for the best” then I’d literally have nothing to say.

Did I mention all those 4-5 star recruits we're missing out on because he's still coaching at Clemson??

spacer.png

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The Jimbo Leavitt crowd are looking for any excuse to discredit Scott. Secretly they will be cheering for his failure as they feel threatened by what they know is coming...the greatest five years in the history of USF football. 

No, we're not rooting for his failure, we've just seem this movie before and know how it ends.  Could have had CJL...

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

7 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

One could argue that Leavitt tanking the APR is directly responsible for the misery we endured under Holtz.

The Judyites deciding USF was Harvard South contributed greatly to making recruiting much more difficult for any USF Head Football Coach.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This thing is funny. Seems to be standard operating procedure to continue to coach with the team you were an assistant on if they are still on schedule to win the title.  Only one that didn't was Kiffin that I can think of. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

This thing is funny. Seems to be standard operating procedure to continue to coach with the team you were an assistant on if they are still on schedule to win the title.  Only one that didn't was Kiffin that I can think of. 

Blasphemer!!!  Don't bring common sense and reason into this thread.

12 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

The Judyites deciding USF was Harvard South contributed greatly to making recruiting much more difficult for any USF Head Football Coach.

Academics are far more important than athletics. I salute and support the decision and our pre-eminent status shows it was correct.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is exactly what I am thinking.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

No, we're not rooting for his failure, we've just seem this movie before and know how it ends.  Could have had CJL...

Been there, done that.  Tired of the mediocrity and empty trophy case.