• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing Official Yet but....

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Losses to ECU and Tulane would probably be costing us a conference title, so why in the world would you make that trade? Losses to UF and Alabama are no going to cost us anything.  We are NEVER getting into the CFP, so in reality,  the games against UF and Alabama are glorified exhibition games.

We would get alot more publicity by beating a UF or Alabama than winning the AAC.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Would you rather be 10-3 with a victory over a top 5 Alabama, a bowl win, but no conference title or 11-3 with an AAC crown and a loss in a bowl game? Hmmmmm.....

Give me the conference title any day of the week.  We have to start filling up that trophy case.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I feel like I'm talking to a wall. When Taggart was indeed actually winning double digit seasons, the program energy was OK but not great, attendance again OK but not great, and donor base nothing to brag about. 

Contrast that with a Leavitt return where its all but guaranteed that theres new life injected into this program. Ray Jay fills up, people open the wallets. People actually attend the radio show, are engaged, etc. 

We can get another coach to crank out 10 wins again but if the energy of the program, donor base, etc are just meh, then what did we accomplish?

Spoken my peace.

Different context between being in a BCS Conference and in a G5.

Had we been in a P5 during Taggart (equivalent to what we were in the Big East under Leavitt) and winning 10 games a year no doubt Ray Jay would be packed.

Nobody comes out to watch G5 competition. Rewatch some pre 2007 games and the attendance at the games looks about the same as the top Taggart days.

Proof:

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I think folks overstate how easy it is to win in this conference.  We just need to recruit, and that takes passion.  The fact that we went from 2 to ten wins so fast, also look at the other teams similar turn around like Memphis, Unmentionable Crotch Filth , etc... These were teams The Jim wiped the floor with.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We would get alot more publicity by beating a UF or Alabama than winning the AAC.

I would rather have conference titles than publicity.

Guest Jonesy Bull

I havent read every post on every thread so just curious.

Do we know if the Clemson boys are out?  Or do one of them get an interview today or tomorrow.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,948
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

I havent read every post on every thread so just curious.

Do we know if the Clemson boys are out?  Or do one of them get an interview today or tomorrow.

All the whispers are that theyre out. We won't know anything official until Kelly speaks at the press conference so thats the best we have.

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, USFRaider said:

I would rather have conference titles than publicity.

I guess I would too.  But just stating that us beating a team like that would be the talk of all of College football....well for a week or so...so yeah CCs last longer.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Joey Knight thought Michael Kelly would discuss potential coaches at his press conference last week.  

I can almost guarantee someone on this board will know before or at the same time he does.

I know more than him... He's not a good reporter nor in favor with USF fans. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, hm101 said:

All the whispers are that theyre out. We won't know anything official until Kelly speaks at the press conference so thats the best we have.

It true will be interesting if they turned us down or we turned them down.  Really thought Jeff Scott would get a look.

But Im all in on CJL now.  I just hope if it falls through we have a backup plan.