• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing Official Yet but....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I’ll take a couple losses to ECU and Tulane if it means some wins against UF and Alabama. 

Losses to ECU and Tulane would probably be costing us a conference title, so why in the world would you make that trade? Losses to UF and Alabama are no going to cost us anything.  We are NEVER getting into the CFP, so in reality,  the games against UF and Alabama are glorified exhibition games.

Edited by USFRaider
I wanted to

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, USFRaider said:

Losses to ECU and Tulane would probably be costing us a conference title, so why in the world would you make that trade? 

Because then we could make some kind of a billboard about how we’ve beaten all the big teams in both FL and AL! Billboards > trophies

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I would be disappointed if Leavitt is hired.  I believe USF can do better.  Leavitt's coaching plateau seems to be seven to eight wins, a big win here and there, followed by head-scratching, unexplainable losses.  The game has changed in ten years, and he is now 63 years old.  Hopefully Michael Kelly is aiming higher than a guy who could not deliver any conference titles the first time around.

His plateau is 7 or 8 wins, but he's won 9 before.... Got it! 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,935
  • Days Won:  12

I feel like I'm talking to a wall. When Taggart was indeed actually winning double digit seasons, the program energy was OK but not great, attendance again OK but not great, and donor base nothing to brag about. 

Contrast that with a Leavitt return where its all but guaranteed that theres new life injected into this program. Ray Jay fills up, people open the wallets. People actually attend the radio show, are engaged, etc. 

We can get another coach to crank out 10 wins again but if the energy of the program, donor base, etc are just meh, then what did we accomplish?

Spoken my peace.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

His plateau is 7 or 8 wins, but he's won 9 before.... Got it! 

He wasn't even the first coach to get us to double-digit wins in a single season.  And I don't want the guy who did accomplish that back either!  lol

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Losses to ECU and Tulane would probably be costing us a conference title, so why in the world would you make that trade? 

Would you rather be 10-3 with a victory over a top 5 Alabama, a bowl win, but no conference title or 11-3 with an AAC crown and a loss in a bowl game? Hmmmmm.....

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

Because while a conference title would be nice to have, and obviously a goal, this program needs some juice and big wins against names will do that. Just look at 05-09(even more so 07 and forward) big wins bring fans, fans bring money and with a new Pres and AD those things could mean better facilities and a higher budget(love Judy for what she did to the cost of my USF degree btw, not sure I’d even get in with today’s standards). 

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

He wasn't even the first coach to get us to double-digit wins in a single season.  And I don't want the guy who did accomplish that back either!  lol

I think he would have eventually gotten us there if given the time. The guy proved he could coach up talent. We were in constant transition in his tenure and playing against vastly superior talent across the board. 

1 minute ago, hm101 said:

I feel like I'm talking to a wall. When Taggart was indeed actually winning double digit seasons, the program energy was OK but not great, attendance again OK but not great, and donor base nothing to brag about. 

Contrast that with a Leavitt return where its all but guaranteed that theres new life injected into this program. Ray Jay fills up, people open the wallets. People actually attend the radio show, are engaged, etc. 

We can get another coach to crank out 10 wins again but if the energy of the program, donor base, etc are just meh, then what did we accomplish?

Spoken my peace.

Attendance dipped because the BCS went away and USF found itself in the AAC which is the equivalent of minor-league college football.  ucf has proven that no matter how good your team is, you will never ever be invited to the CFP if you play in the G5.  In a major league sports town like Tampa, fans are not going to come out in droves for something they perceive to be minor-league.  If you think hiring Leavitt is going to fix the attendance issues, prepare to be disappointed.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I agree. Look at it this way. I recall the media saying that other players would come forward after Leavitt gets fired. Well guess what ? Most of the players were upset that he did get fired and showed their love for Coach Leavitt. That was very telling to me as he was not as bad as the media said he was. Furthermore, it has been ten years and Leavitt has been coaching other teams. Has there ever been one complaint against him for abuse during that time ? I don’t think so.

It was a bs investigation.