• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Nothing Official Yet but....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

They'll spin it as "there's a difference between being supervised by a HC As DC and being a head coach, especially when he's returning to the scene of the crime" 

They'll also play it up as USF being desperate and making a deal with the devil 

Whatever. CJL was trying to toughen up a bunch of the weak minded players on that squad. This is why most young men play football, for guidence. He should have never been fired in the first place, but we have higher morels unlike the nigits. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Been following this thread for a while.  Frankly I’m not sure how I feel about the return of the Jim.  To me the biggest upside is the fund raising and attendance that will be greatly improved.  However, Sometimes in life you just have to move on.  You can’t recreate the past or capture past magic by bringing back the people that were involved.  I recognize Jim for all that he’s done and at some point he deserves to have his name on the field.  What happens when Jim takes a dirt nap do we just fold the program because there will never be anyone else that can be the head coach.  I hate to do it but I Have to look to the ugly step kids to East and somehow they found the right formula by hiring P5 OCs from the West and Midwest with no ties to the program and it worked out pretty well for them.

You never hire a coach you’re not prepared to fire.  If year 3 of CJL 2.0 and were sitting on 3-9 6-6 and 4-8 and getting rolled yearly by the tinmen does MK have the stones to fire Jim.

If he’s hired, I’ll support him and hope he turns it around, however, he wouldn’t be at the top of my list.

Puc and Brad will still be pushing for him to be HC. We might have to set up a weekend at bernie’s situation. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

15 minutes ago, Local Bully said:

Whatever. CJL was trying to toughen up a bunch of the weak minded players on that squad. This is why most young men play football, for guidence. He should have never been fired in the first place, but we have higher morels unlike the nigits. 

I agree. Look at it this way. I recall the media saying that other players would come forward after Leavitt gets fired. Well guess what ? Most of the players were upset that he did get fired and showed their love for Coach Leavitt. That was very telling to me as he was not as bad as the media said he was. Furthermore, it has been ten years and Leavitt has been coaching other teams. Has there ever been one complaint against him for abuse during that time ? I don’t think so.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

15 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I agree. Look at it this way. I recall the media saying that other players would come forward after Leavitt gets fired. Well guess what ? Most of the players were upset that he did get fired and showed their love for Coach Leavitt. That was very telling to me as he was not as bad as the media said he was. Furthermore, it has been ten years and Leavitt has been coaching other teams. Has there ever been one complaint against him for abuse during that time ? I don’t think so.

Please don't cloud this thread with facts and reason. Let the haters blindly hate. It's all that they know. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

Anyone else still in the “I like Leavitt and what he did for the program but we should move on” crowd?

• Upvote 2
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Anyone else still in the “I like Leavitt and what he did for the program but we should move on” crowd?

We did move on and, with the exception of 2 amazing seasons from a warrior at QB named Quinton Flowers, we lost an entire decade unnecessarily. The Jim has proven time and again that conventional wisdom doesn't apply to him. He will buck the trend and be successful in his return to USF!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

2 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

So I wouldn’t be opposed to Jim being here, but I have a feeling that Those clamoring for his return of the ol days are the old alumni that sit in the posh seats and ask everyone to sit down or stop yelling. The old alumni act like bitches that are there for tea and crumpets. So I don’t know if they understand the urgency of a home run hire to inject good times back to our beloved football program.I on the other hand do.

What would be a home run hire?  Another rental coach?  The lesser of the Clemson twins?  Some dude from FCS?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

We need him more than ever, program is languishing and if we miss on the next hire it may never recover.  The excitement alone that he will bring is like no other.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Question.  Was MK here when the whole Leavitt fiasco went down?

Was here to help build, but was gone before fiasco

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

36 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

Puc and Brad will still be pushing for him to be HC. We might have to set up a weekend at bernie’s situation. 

CJL will never die as long as he continues to live on in our hearts