• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing Official Yet but....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Kelly is perhaps the only AD who could pull this off. The capital he has built locally, across the state, and nationally with the CFP is more than enough to withstand a possible blowback. Neither Douggie or Mark would have had that amount of goodwill to bank off of.

He also isn't going to let emotions cloud his decision. He knows this is a critical time for the program. We had a stretch where we went something like 35-5 over 40 games across 4 separate seasons and didn't see the gains in attendance and financial support one would expect. That explains the aggressive shift in scheduling philosophy and will hopefully explain putting his neck on the line in hiring Leavitt in order to save this PROGRAM. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

spacer.png

You do know he didn't give a crap towards the end at SC and spent most of his free time golfing, right? You are getting excited over a coach that would be no more than half in. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Fwbull said:

Then we can look forward to landing some of the best academic kids not rated by any recruiting service possible and a bunch of O-lineman not capable of establishing his power run game. 

I had dinner with Skip when the coaching staff visited Dallas and found him to be absolutely captivating to hear speak. But the guy has proven his formula isn’t going to work the upper mid-major type conferences. You can do what he wants if you are already elite and get your pick of recruits or are in a lower tier without as tough competition. 

The AAC is probably tougher than the BEAST was to recruit in. No Play off tie in or true elevated status in recruiting, but we definitely face the toughest set of teams outside of that field and have to go against many up and coming very aggressive coaching programs.

Skip is not an option this time around but I think it's more than conjecture that his hands were a little tied when it came to recruiting during his stint here ....... which is kind of sad because with the success he had at ECU, in conference and big ooc wins, he could have been the one that got us over the hump here.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

spacer.png

If he played his cards right he could have two FBS fields named after him. 

BD2FB0A6-DBC6-4448-96A1-9F54CAA98705.jpeg

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

You do know he didn't give a crap towards the end at SC and spent most of his free time golfing, right? You are getting excited over a coach that would be no more than half in. 

Don't really know how "in" he would be if he took this challenge but just him being here would elicit bay area interest that hasn't been around since the BE days ...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

He also isn't going to let emotions cloud his decision. He knows this is a critical time for the program. We had a stretch where we went something like 35-5 over 40 games across 4 separate seasons and didn't see the gains in attendance and financial support one would expect. That explains the aggressive shift in scheduling philosophy and will hopefully explain putting his neck on the line in hiring Leavitt in order to save this PROGRAM. 

Because CWT & CCS couldn’t win the big games. Leavitt was the master at winning big games. So fans showed up to watch the Giant Slayer

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

Spoken to him more recently than that...

Just as important to have been speaking to him back then is my point.  He also calls him Jim.  I don't think Woolard or Genshaft could say that name anymore they were so mortified by the allegedly most powerful man in North America.  They certainly would never admit talking to him since it was their goal to vilify him.  Kelly at least represents character and perhaps a thawing of effect of the previous administration's wrongdoing.

51 minutes ago, Brad said:

Was here to help build, but was gone before fiasco

Honestly, I'd prefer MK not take even the briefest of time to respond to dipshits like that ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Don't really know how "in" he would be if he took this challenge but just him being here would elicit bay area interest that hasn't been around since the BE days ...

I would probably like OBC if Leavitt were ruled out.

I'd welcome just about anything instead of another rental head coach.  I think that model is broken and it would be intellectually lazy to rely on it.

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Because CWT & CCS couldn’t win the big games. Leavitt was the master at winning big games. So fans showed up to watch the Giant Slayer

UConn 2005 and Rutgers 2007 were big games ... jus sayin

• Haha 1