• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Nothing Official Yet but....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Anyone else still in the “I like Leavitt and what he did for the program but we should move on” crowd?

That’s where I’m at right now. I’m hesitant on what kind of staff he could put together. I could be wrong, but this feels like Edsall to UConn 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Was here to help build, but was gone before fiasco

That guy just got served lol

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

I've never seen our fanbase more fired up than it is now with the potential of hiring Leavitt. The best thing to do is to ignore the haters crowd and right our wrong from the past. Jim Leavitt never deserved this. We know how great CJL is as a coach and a person. It's been 10 years since the incident and coaches have done much worse things and still gotten hired. I think it'll be a giant mistake if we let a false narrative perpetuated by a screaming minority dictate how we run our football team. It's time to stop being the nice guy and start winning.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

Was here to help build, but was gone before fiasco

Ah, MK is OG...  Nice!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,862
  • Days Won:  12

What people are forgetting is that we need a program ambassador as much as a coach. Even if we are stuck at 7 to 9 wins a season again, the culture of the program will be on fire and oh by the way thats still twice as many wins as we have now. 

We need a culture carrier

• Like 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

That’s where I’m at right now. I’m hesitant on what kind of staff he could put together. I could be wrong, but this feels like Edsall to UConn 

He has had several stops at different schools.  Why cant he put together a good staff.  He has more connections now than he did when he was with us before.

Since he is a defensive guy, the offensive staff he brings in will be critical.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, hm101 said:

What people are forgetting is that we need a program ambassador as much as a coach. Even if we are stuck at 7 to 9 wins a season again, the culture of the program will be on fire and oh by the way thats still twice as many wins as we have now. 

I’ll take a couple losses to ECU and Tulane if it means some wins against UF and Alabama. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

7 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Edsall left on his own accord with eyes toward bigger and better things. Leavitt was never leaving USF unless it was for Kansas State. There isn't anything quite analogous to the Leavitt situation out  there right now. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  6

I would be disappointed if Leavitt is hired.  I believe USF can do better.  Leavitt's coaching plateau seems to be seven to eight wins, a big win here and there, followed by head-scratching, unexplainable losses.  The game has changed in ten years, and he is now 63 years old.  Hopefully Michael Kelly is aiming higher than a guy who could not deliver any conference titles the first time around.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Me no likey 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, hm101 said:

And nobody else will get the fanbase back on board with this program.  That in my mind is just as important as winning again. 

He would do that right off the bat even if we suffer W-L wise the next couple years.