• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing Official Yet but....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

5 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

We all know what happens in the Rutgers game so I’m not gonna hold that BS game against that USF team. The UCONN Voodoo 5 play was a gutsy call that may not have even happened if not for that false start by our OL on the goal line. We had big wins for both those years that the nation took notice of USF. When was the last Top 25 win that USF has had?

My point was you said that Leavitt was a master at winning big games and it may have been more accurate to say he was a master at winning big ooc games ... which he definitely was.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, Triple B said:

My point was you said that Leavitt was a master at winning big games and it may have been more accurate to say he was a master at winning big ooc games ... which he definitely was.

He also had a lot of head scratchers. Middle Tenn State owned him. UAB was always tough. Southern Miss got him good too. He did stop Urban Myers Offense with a top 25 win over Bowling Green

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

Love your disingenuous straw man arguments.  :roflmao:

That's because we're beyond knee-deep in this thing and we're well past there being any legit arguments. Every thread on this site that has  anything to do with coaching can be whittled down to two posts until the announcement is made:

"Jim Leavitt because he's Jim Leavitt!"

"Best coach we can, who might also turn out to be Jim Leavitt but I'd prefer we try something else!"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

That's because we're beyond knee-deep in this thing and we're well past there being any legit arguments. Every thread on this site that has  anything to do with coaching can be whittled down to two posts until the announcement is made:

"Jim Leavitt because he's Jim Leavitt!"

"Best coach we can, who might also turn out to be Jim Leavitt but I'd prefer we try something else!"

Agreed. Think the only way to move past Jim Leavitt is to rehire him to exercise those demons. If he wins that is good. If he loses then he gets fired and we all move on to one of the Clemson OCs

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Agreed. Think the only way to move past Jim Leavitt is to rehire him to exercise those demons. If he wins that is good. If he loses then he gets fired and we all move on to one of the Clemson OCs

Beyond worst-case scenario is he loses and we have to fire him down the road for a legitimate reason this time.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, JTrue said:

Beyond worst-case scenario is he loses and we have to fire him down the road for a legitimate reason this time.

I'd be okay with that.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

At this point just give somebody 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

Hearing things... From the same coach @TakeItOrLeavitt reported (I would think). It's legit and in play. A lot of people advocating for Jim, including this former player who would potentially join his staff.

I haven't chatted with @TakeItOrLeavitt to see if it's the same guy... But it's lining up... This I can personally confirm from the guy who he's spoken with. Obviously not confirming it's all gonna happen. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

Yep, in relation to this...

On a high school level, I have had head coaches call me and try to line me up on their staff, but they didn't have the job sewed up.  It was either to present the staff as part of the consideration/interview process or simply to be ready if hired.  Not saying it is impossible that Leavitt has an offer, just saying he could be lining coaches up for other reasons...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Days Won:  3

33 minutes ago, Brad said:

How so? 

By winning all of their regular season games in back-to-back years. 🙂