• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing Official Yet but....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Kelly talked to Leavitt "recently" in May 2019.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

8 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Different context between being in a BCS Conference and in a G5.

Had we been in a P5 during Taggart (equivalent to what we were in the Big East under Leavitt) and winning 10 games a year no doubt Ray Jay would be packed.

Nobody comes out to watch G5 competition. Rewatch some pre 2007 games and the attendance at the games looks about the same as the top Taggart days.

Proof:

Drew 34,000 for that game, which wasn't bad. The program was gaining steam. Even with a 6-5 record, we had over 45,000 for the finale against WVU. We had over 43,000 against FAMU as well. We drew better back then. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

12 hours ago, TallyBull said:

USF would do well to discreetly put out these rumors about Jim Leavitt, if in fact he isn’t a candidate. Otherwise there will be a LOT of disappointed Bulls fans when the coach is announced next week. Not fair to the new coach.

I am sure that if he is not selected, they will work at a deal that Leavitt can decline interest in it, thank Michael Kelly and move on.  It would horrify many of us, but will have to be done.  Kelly would probably at that point offer him a statue, entry into the USF Hall of Fame and foot long subway and case of Diet Pepsi.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Kelly talked to Leavitt "recently" in May 2019.

Spoken to him more recently than that...

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Drew 34,000 for that game. The program was gaining steam. Even with a 6-5 record, we had over 45,000 for the finale against WVU. Other than UCF, please tell me when we could expect to sniff 40,000 in attendance if we were 6-5 overall?

Wisconsin this year. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

1 minute ago, MSBulls said:

Spoken to him more recently than that...

Note this tweet was back in May...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

21 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Edsall left on his own accord with eyes toward bigger and better things. Leavitt was never leaving USF unless it was for Kansas State. There isn't anything quite analogous to the Leavitt situation out  there right now. 

Totally get that. Don’t get me wrong, I love Leavitt and what he’s done for this program. I love the idea of him coming in and helping get the program right, and not bolting at the first P5 offer. I love the idea of boosters and the community rallying around him. Totally get that. 

My hesitation stems from my firm belief that the most important thing for this team, from an on field standpoint, is the correct offensive philosophy. An offensive and recruiting philosophy built around speed at the skill positions, and a dual threat QB. 

I’m not saying that CJL doesn’t understand this, and can’t hire an OC that can do exactly this. But IF the news breaks that CJL is hired, my #1 box will be left unchecked until he hires his staff. At least when you hire an offensive guy, you can judge the hire right away based off his scheme. Good or bad. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538

Just now, Thebullsfan said:

Note this tweet was back in May...

I know, hence why I know he's spoken to him more recently than that. There's something there and some players are behind it. It's really up to Board approval I think. No idea what's going to happen. Just hope he gets hired.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Kelly is perhaps the only AD who could pull this off. The capital he has built locally, across the state, and nationally with the CFP is more than enough to withstand a possible blowback. Neither Douggie or Mark would have had that amount of goodwill to bank off of.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

47 minutes ago, Brad said:

What would be a home run hire? 

spacer.png