• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing Official Yet but....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, MSBulls said:

Not all of us are old alumni hoping for it...

I’m 55 if you consider that old and I’m not hoping for it

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

My only hang up about his return lies within the media. I think the media, especially our own home town’ers , would rip the scab right off and treat him kinda like Trump.

That's what I fear. We can't let our teams media, and lame *** beliefs/ideas/agenda dictate who the program wants and needs. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

We sure are spilling a lot of ink on something that IMHO is highly unlikely to happen. But we’ll see.

Question.  Was MK here when the whole Leavitt fiasco went down?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, MSBulls said:

That's what I fear. We can't let our teams media, and lame *** beliefs/ideas/agenda dictate who the program wants and needs. 

They cover FSU more than us and they didn’t take to the streets when he joined their staff, at best it would be hypocritical to pretend to be outraged because he went to USF vs FSU.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Question.  Was MK here when the whole Leavitt fiasco went down?

No

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They cover FSU more than us and they didn’t take to the streets when he joined their staff, at best it would be hypocritical to pretend to be outraged because he went to USF vs FSU.

They'll spin it as "there's a difference between being supervised by a HC As DC and being a head coach, especially when he's returning to the scene of the crime" 

They'll also play it up as USF being desperate and making a deal with the devil 

Edited by Bull Dozer

CJL first go around = Caddyshack

CJL 2.0 = Caddyshack 2?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

They'll spin it as "there's a difference between being supervised by a HC As DC and being a head coach, especially when he's returning to the scene of the crime" 

They'll also play it up as USF being desperate and making a deal with the devil 

They can spin it however they like but the truth is it’s cool to ignore USF most of the time but if you feel inspired to pay attention to us it must be to bash us. **** the fake media racing down to The Daily Stampede level.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

37 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Been following this thread for a while.  Frankly I’m not sure how I feel about the return of the Jim.  To me the biggest upside is the fund raising and attendance that will be greatly improved.  However, Sometimes in life you just have to move on.  You can’t recreate the past or capture past magic by bringing back the people that were involved.  I recognize Jim for all that he’s done and at some point he deserves to have his name on the field.  What happens when Jim takes a dirt nap do we just fold the program because there will never be anyone else that can be the head coach.  I hate to do it but I Have to look to the ugly step kids to East and somehow they found the right formula by hiring P5 OCs from the West and Midwest with no ties to the program and it worked out pretty well for them.

You never hire a coach you’re not prepared to fire.  If year 3 of CJL 2.0 and were sitting on 3-9 6-6 and 4-8 and getting rolled yearly by the tinmen does MK have the stones to fire Jim.

If he’s hired, I’ll support him and hope he turns it around, however, he wouldn’t be at the top of my list.

Think you are at 50% there.  Think attendance improves but there were some donors who wanted him gone at the time. Really don't know which way it would go should it happen.