• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing Official Yet but....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

What if ... if one of the interviews is Skip? If he was given a second chance to recruit hard here. I know he can work a board room. He has only taken La Tech to a bowl game every year since he’s been there. Why the sudden success for them? He knows how to coach. I’d be fine with it.

Can anyone else think of a time a program brought back a coach that failed first go around? If he failed again you might as well take the program behind the shed and put it out of its misery. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

So I wouldn’t be opposed to Jim being here, but I have a feeling that Those clamoring for his return of the ol days are the old alumni that sit in the posh seats and ask everyone to sit down or stop yelling. The old alumni act like bitches that are there for tea and crumpets. So I don’t know if they understand the urgency of a home run hire to inject good times back to our beloved football program.I on the other hand do.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

12 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

What if ... if one of the interviews is Skip? If he was given a second chance to recruit hard here. I know he can work a board room. He has only taken La Tech to a bowl game every year since he’s been there. Why the sudden success for them? He knows how to coach. I’d be fine with it.

He did manage to beat Clemson, ND, Miami, and a Coach Strong Louisville team

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341

My only hang up about his return lies within the media. I think the media, especially our own home town’ers , would rip the scab right off and treat him kinda like Trump.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900

8 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

So I wouldn’t be opposed to Jim being here, but I have a feeling that Those clamoring for his return of the ol days are the old alumni that sit in the posh seats and ask everyone to sit down or stop yelling. The old alumni act like bitches that are there for tea and crumpets. So I don’t know if they understand the urgency of a home run hire to inject good times back to our beloved football program.I on the other hand do.

Are you just getting home from drinking all night? You're not making sense. Those of us old guys are asking for Leavitt for the exact reason you state. This program needs some juice. Not a rental coach using us for his career ascent. Leavitt is the guy to bring that juice. If he's hired, I'd like for Brad to post some site stats. There will be a surge in activity. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

My only hang up about his return lies within the media. I think the media, especially our own home town’ers , would rip the scab right off and treat him kinda like Trump.

Is Brett McMurphy still around anywhere? 

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I think Kelly sees the interest Leavitt brings to program...he sees also so much more money could be raised.

I'm down if we bring in some solid coordinators. 

He could get them with a real budget. Most of his time here the coordinator budget was tiny—contributing to constant turnover. The other part of that story was him being so intense to work for. I would be very fine with the folks I expect he could find quickly that are top caliber. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Been following this thread for a while.  Frankly I’m not sure how I feel about the return of the Jim.  To me the biggest upside is the fund raising and attendance that will be greatly improved.  However, Sometimes in life you just have to move on.  You can’t recreate the past or capture past magic by bringing back the people that were involved.  I recognize Jim for all that he’s done and at some point he deserves to have his name on the field.  What happens when Jim takes a dirt nap do we just fold the program because there will never be anyone else that can be the head coach.  I hate to do it but I Have to look to the ugly step kids to East and somehow they found the right formula by hiring P5 OCs from the West and Midwest with no ties to the program and it worked out pretty well for them.

You never hire a coach you’re not prepared to fire.  If year 3 of CJL 2.0 and were sitting on 3-9 6-6 and 4-8 and getting rolled yearly by the tinmen does MK have the stones to fire Jim.

If he’s hired, I’ll support him and hope he turns it around, however, he wouldn’t be at the top of my list.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Not all of us are old alumni hoping for it...

47 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Then we can look forward to landing some of the best academic kids not rated by any recruiting service possible and a bunch of O-lineman not capable of establishing his power run game. 

I had dinner with Skip when the coaching staff visited Dallas and found him to be absolutely captivating to hear speak. But the guy has proven his formula isn’t going to work the upper mid-major type conferences. You can do what he wants if you are already elite and get your pick of recruits or are in a lower tier without as tough competition. 

The AAC is probably tougher than the BEAST was to recruit in. No Play off tie in or true elevated status in recruiting, but we definitely face the toughest set of teams outside of that field and have to go against many up and coming very aggressive coaching programs.