• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Newberg's Take on Coaching Search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

30 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

So we can Admit we are in rebuild mode but then Bell being here less than a year no recruiting is his fault. Supposedly the best wr on the roster Latrell Williams has to sit out this year! (who Bell brought in)  we don’t want Bell doing the rebuilding ? 

I wouldn't say Bell was 100% responsible for Williams...  Williams was a commit to us for months before he flipped to go P5 and the process was started when his recruiter (Dugans) left and basically brought the kid with him.  He ended up flipping again to Tennessee but he was commited to USF for months before any of that nonsense started.  Williams liked what he saw from USF before Bell was here so It's hard to say "he brought him in" especially because transfers have such an abbreviated process in the way they are recruited compared to HS kids.. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

didn't say anything about his recruiting. the kids he coached this year did not get better as the season went on. he did not put them in a position to succeed.

I really hope he's all that and a bag of potato chips, but I remember people saying Eddie McDoom was the best receiver on our roster in his transfer year. The same roster that had Solomon, McCants, Bronson, Wilcox, and St Felix (he was actually playing well at the time). 

I'll wait to believe that kind of hype. The only thing is this time, being our best WR should be easy. 

52 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

So we can Admit we are in rebuild mode but then Bell being here less than a year no recruiting is his fault. Supposedly the best wr on the roster Latrell Williams has to sit out this year! (who Bell brought in)  we don’t want Bell doing the rebuilding ? 

Hiring Bell would be horrible optics.  How can you with a straight face expect your fans to buy in after how bad our offense was this season and brining back the OC?  Especially when we're staring a couple rough seasons right in the face.   Bell is a victim of circumstance and unfortunately he has the stink of the previous regime all over him and we need to signal heavily that we are trying to move in the opposite direction of that.   

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Hiring Bell out be horrible optics.  How can you with a straight face expect your fans to buy in after how bad our offense was this season and brining back the OC?  Especially when we're staring a couple rough seasons right in the face.   Bell is a victim of circumstance and unfortunately he has the stink of the previous regime all over him and we need to signal heavily that we are trying to move in the opposite direction of that.   

Qft. It is well known that I am one of our most reasonable and level headed fans and yet this is one of the rare occasions where I have come out against something USF related.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Qft. It is well known that I am one of our most reasonable and level headed fans and yet this is one of the rare occasions where I have come out against something USF related.

Wait...you don’t like KB? Huh...interesting....

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,557
  • Days Won:  423

32 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Hiring Bell would be horrible optics.  How can you with a straight face expect your fans to buy in after how bad our offense was this season and brining back the OC?  Especially when we're staring a couple rough seasons right in the face.   Bell is a victim of circumstance and unfortunately he has the stink of the previous regime all over him and we need to signal heavily that we are trying to move in the opposite direction of that.   

Would be palatable if he was the OBC’s OC ...

Guest Jonesy Bull
44 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

didn't say anything about his recruiting. the kids he coached this year did not get better as the season went on. he did not put them in a position to succeed.

This is the problem for KB.  The offense didnt improve in the 2nd half of the season.  We looked completely lost and totally unprepared.

A KB hire would be a real tough sell to the fanbase.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wait...you don’t like KB? Huh...interesting....

Some people don’t like bottom 10 offenses and coaches hell bent on offensive schemes that have failed miserably here, weird.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Some people don’t like bottom 10 offenses and coaches hell bent on offensive schemes that have failed miserably here, weird.

To be fair, our most successful coach in the last decade tried running I Formation in his first year. Two years later he broke the record for most consecutive 30+ point games. 

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Would be palatable if he was the OBC’s OC ...

OBC ain't coming without Junior being the coach in waiting. Thanks but no thanks 

Edited by Bull Dozer