• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Newberg's Take on Coaching Search

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Bull94 said:

no doubt we are in rebuild mode. as long as we trend in the right direction I'm ok with being patient.

But, but we were only 3 years into FCCS's regime.  😁

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, CousinRicky said:

But, but we were only 3 years into FCCS's regime.  😁

not sure we've even bottomed out yet

Guest Jonesy Bull
44 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

not sure we've even bottomed out yet

Thats a scary thought, but might be accurate.  With new coaches come new systems that have to be implemented and new schemes that have to be learned by the players.

But like you said, as long as we show that we are trending upward!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Would not be surprised if next year is s 3 win season. But the following year needs to be 6. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Thats a scary thought, but might be accurate.  With new coaches come new systems that have to be implemented and new schemes that have to be learned by the players.

But like you said, as long as we show that we are trending upward!

I'm hopeful whoever comes in is a major upgrade when it comes to player development and has a good S&C coach coming with them.  Those two things could go a long way towards getting this thing turned around sooner than later.  I do think we're at least two seasons away from getting this thing turned around though.   

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'm hopeful whoever comes in is a major upgrade when it comes to player development and has a good S&C coach coming with them.  Those two things could go a long way towards getting this thing turned around sooner than later.  I do think we're at least two seasons away from getting this thing turned around though.   

It took the knats only 2 seasons to turn it around after going winless.  It CAN be done rather quickly in this conference.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

17 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

It took the knats only 2 seasons to turn it around after going winless.  It CAN be done rather quickly in this conference.

I'd be more Bullish if our OL and QB situations weren't so bad right now. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Bull94 said:

no doubt we are in rebuild mode. as long as we trend in the right direction I'm ok with being patient.

So we can Admit we are in rebuild mode but then Bell being here less than a year no recruiting is his fault. Supposedly the best wr on the roster Latrell Williams has to sit out this year! (who Bell brought in)  we don’t want Bell doing the rebuilding ? 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

To me this was the most disappointing. Some of those kids just looked flabby with no muscle

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

28 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

So we can Admit we are in rebuild mode but then Bell being here less than a year no recruiting is his fault. Supposedly the best wr on the roster Latrell Williams has to sit out this year! (who Bell brought in)  we don’t want Bell doing the rebuilding ? 

didn't say anything about his recruiting. the kids he coached this year did not get better as the season went on. he did not put them in a position to succeed.