• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Newberg's Take on Coaching Search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Simply amazes me how folks don't want to look for something new and fresh vs. people who have been here and left with questionable issues. 

Luckily, we don't make the decision....just pipe dreams until Kelly picks a winner.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Luckily, we don't make the decision....just pipe dreams until Kelly picks a winner.

So true

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Simply amazes me how folks don't want to look for something new and fresh vs. people who have been here and left with questionable issues. 

I'm not sure if you are pooling me into that but I do want to clarify that my bet is not based on want. its based on what i'm reading. Although, I will say that if tags follows through on his part to be contractually linked for the long haul. I believe he could be the best option. He recruits well and I am firm believer in the jimmy's and joe's over the X's and O's. It would be interesting to see if he would let King take over the offense too. 

4 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Find the 2019 version of 2013 Taggart or 1997 Leavitt.  Easy peasy for the amount VPoA is getting paid 

This...its his job to find the diamond in the rough...not the easy way out that makes fans happy yet "potentially" sacrifices the better hire. 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I'm not sure if you are pooling me into that but I do want to clarify that my bet is not based on want. its based on what i'm reading. Although, I will say that if tags follows through on his part to be contractually linked for the long haul. I believe he could be the best option. He recruits well and I am firm believer in the jimmy's and joe's over the X's and O's. It would be interesting to see if he would let King take over the offense too. 

Assuming he is the best option I agree with you. I just think there has to be some one better out there. But again, this is what Kelly gets paid to do and I am sure he is doing his due diligence. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Assuming he is the best option I agree with you. I just think there has to be some one better out there. But again, this is what Kelly gets paid to do and I am sure he is doing his due diligence. 

it is, but I will also say that unless we are looking at an established HC at the D1 level, it's hard to say that anybody is a better option that Tags to lead a G5 program (of course we are all working with limited information). I'm not willing to say that someone is better because we haven't seen them screw something up. The worst thing Taggart did to us was leave and it's hard to compare coaching in the G5 to the P5, different animals. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This...its his job to find the diamond in the rough...not the easy way out that makes fans happy yet "potentially" sacrifices the better hire. 

He's not going to hire to make fans happy.  He's going to hire who he thinks is the best fit based on who he can actually bring here.  

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He's not going to hire to make fans happy.  He's going to hire who he thinks is the best fit based on who he can actually bring here.  

I am sure you are right. But for sure there will be some pissed off people from this board if Jim or Willie are not hired...will make for some reading. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Couldn’t agree more.  Why not just bring in Skip Holtz for an interview.  Jeeesh people let’s just move on.

The past is the past.  Let it go.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Taggart isn't the easy way out. he has already proven he can recruit and win here. he would come at a discount.