• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Newberg's Take on Coaching Search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I think Willie might have the inside track. The salesperson/spokesperson stuff in the Bond and JK articles make me think he is the mold that MK is looking for.

Can somebody find out how to track the safe driver telematic devices of the candidates to find out when they’re on campus?

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

I am concerned he will want to bolt at the next opportunity.  I think he must win a conference championship before he leaves or he has to refund all of his money USF ever paid him.   Just dreaming.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

Why we wouldn't put Larry Scott, over Taggart blows my mind. Larry Scott as more experience in the USF Football program than the last 3 coaches combined. 4 years as an OG Player, 7 years as part of the coaching staff. 

Larry Scott has been part of the USF Football Program for a combined 11 years! 11 YEARS! 

Larry Scott was on the field at our first ever USF Football game as a player, was a part of the coaching staff for 7 years when we peaked in 2007.

Remember when we were ranked #2 in the country? Larry Scott was part of our coaching staff when that happened!

He went 4-1 as UM's Interim Head Coach (University of Miami Hurricanes), 4-2 if you count the bowl game.

The players loved him, the recruits loved him, the media loved him, the guy has got passion and he's an OG USF Football Alumni.

Taggart BAILED on us! Then he bailed on Oregon! 

Look, I like Taggart. I watched him on the field in 1998 when he whooped our ass as a QB. 

Our reputation is in the toilet as a program. We've had 4 coaches in 10 years. 

Larry Scott has been on UF's Coaching Staff for 2 years, and the Gators are BY FAR the best program in Florida. 

Take Taggart back? After he left us, left Oregon, and pooped the bed at FSU? Seriously? 

Mark my words...Larry Scott is going to get hired as a head coach eventually, and he's going to be VERY good. So why not here?

We've given 3 post-Leavitt coaches a shot at running our team, 2 were terrible and 1 quit on us.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

You say he was an average recruiter...I read the the other day that he was the ace recruiter on the staff.

And I’ll say it again....I’m not saying King should be the coach. I never said he should be the coach.

I said that I’d rather have him than Willie Taggart. I’ll say it again. I’ll take Matt Grothe over Willie Taggart.I don’t want Willie Taggart here. Period. It would be a ****** hire.

yeah it was awful winning 10+ games a year......

39 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

Why we wouldn't put Larry Scott, over Taggart blows my mind. Larry Scott as more experience in the USF Football program than the last 3 coaches combined. 4 years as an OG Player, 7 years as part of the coaching staff. 

Larry Scott has been part of the USF Football Program for a combined 11 years! 11 YEARS! 

Larry Scott was on the field at our first ever USF Football game as a player, was a part of the coaching staff for 7 years when we peaked in 2007.

Remember when we were ranked #2 in the country? Larry Scott was part of our coaching staff when that happened!

He went 4-1 as UM's Interim Head Coach (University of Miami Hurricanes), 4-2 if you count the bowl game.

The players loved him, the recruits loved him, the media loved him, the guy has got passion and he's an OG USF Football Alumni.

Look, I like Taggart. I watched him on the field in 1998 when he whooped our ass as a QB. 

Larry Scott has been on UF's Coaching Staff for 2 years, and the Gators are BY FAR the best program in Florida. 

Take Taggart back? After he left us, left Oregon, and pooped the bed at FSU? Seriously? 

Mark my words...Larry Scott is going to get hired as a head coach eventually, and he's going to be VERY good. So why not here?

We've given 3 post-Leavitt coaches a shot at running our team, 2 were terrible and 1 quit on us.

larry scott ran an offense for 1 year. it was the #118th rated offense in the country. he has no business being a head coach at this level yet.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, MikePhillips said:

Excellent points. I can’t believe that Kelly would take Taggart back here. I like the idea of a true Bull as head coach. The pro-Taggart support is baffling to me.

It’s like taking a girl back that cheated on you and laughed as she did it....then she screwed the next guy over. The third guy realized he made a mistake with her and kicks her to the curb. Now she “wants” to come back to you. Give me a freaking break. Have some pride. Willie Taggart is not a Bull. He never has been and he never will be. 

Edited by SpeedBull

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Excellent points. I can’t believe that Kelly would take Taggart back here. I like the idea of a true Bull as head coach. The pro-Taggart support is baffling to me.

It’s like taking a girl back that cheated on you and laughed as she did it....then she screwed the next guy over. The third guy realized he made a mistake with her and kicks her to the curb. Now she “wants” to come back to you. Give me a freaking break. Have some pride. Willie Taggart is not a Bull. He never has been and he never will be. 

Jilted lover.....

he took a better job. everyone on this board would do it. get over it.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Jilted lover.....

he took a better job. everyone on this board would do it. get over it.

I’m over it...been over it. I just don’t want him back here. Period. Pretty simple.

Just now, SpeedBull said:

I’m over it...been over it. I just don’t want him back here. Period. Pretty simple.

clearly you're not over it. you just compared him to a girl that cheated on you.

he took a better job. one that paid him 3 times what he was getting here. every single person on here would do the same. and if they say different then they aren't being honest.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

clearly you're not over it. you just compared him to a girl that cheated on you.

he took a better job. one that paid him 3 times what he was getting here. every single person on here would do the same. and if they say different then they aren't being honest.

Qft

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

NO to Willie T.   I watched several FSU games the past two years.  Willie T had the same confused look on his face that he had while at USF.  I do not think he is the answer.  I throw my support for Larry Scott as HC.