• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt and The People

Jim Leavitt and The People  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, usf97 said:

Is there a 3rd option?

- I like Jim Leavitt. We should build him a statue or honor him at a game like Maryland did for Ralph Friedgen. Move forward. 

This x1000, people act like you must either be for him coming back or you hate his guts and always have.  Build the statue and look to the future. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

But he still meets his former players frequently and in different places dating back to his 49er days.  Greg Walls posted this a couple hours ago:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, usf97 said:

Is there a 3rd option?

- I like Jim Leavitt. We should build him a statue or honor him at a game like Maryland did for Ralph Friedgen. Move forward. 

Jim Leavitt Field at Publix Stadium

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, jchem1995 said:

You should inform the radio host at 620 that said this over and over Yesterday that he can’t be rehired here. Something about his settlement. Thanks though.

I will be sure to go around tomorrow on my lunch break and educate everyone in the world how settlement agreements work and the ability of the parties to a settlement agreement to alter the terms of the agreement if they so desire. They are lazy and are parroting a meaningless point. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

To be fair, they just started caring about USF. 

Only because they have to now. 

Listening to most of these guys, they are still so far removed with what is really going on with USF athletics.  Where and who is our Ally in the media?  

Maybe if/when we start winning, people will finally take notice of us again.  Until then, it is what it is.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I will be sure to go around tomorrow on my lunch break and educate everyone in the world how settlement agreements work and the ability of the parties to a settlement agreement to alter the terms of the agreement if they so desire. They are lazy and are parroting a meaningless point. 

He probably doesn't know you're a lawyer.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

But he still meets his former players frequently and in different places dating back to his 49er days.  Greg Walls posted this a couple hours ago:

True. You will always love and remember the people, the ones who supported you or those who were not involved, especially those who have also moved on. The ones who say, you were done wrong. That is a big part of the healing. 

I am sure Jim would just assume USF would burn to the ground and no longer exist. If I were Jim, I wouldn't let an ounce of energy or resources support anything that Judy was associated with. So no, I seriously doubt he would ever let his children attend. Maybe it is petty but that's real life. 

He probably carries no ill will toward anyone here in particular. He would probably just assume he never would have to think about it ever again like a bad dream that never happened. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If someone writes it one time I guess I get it (although I do not understand the difference between "may" and "must") but I do not understand how someone can say it out loud multiple times and not be like wait that doesn't make sense people change contracts all of the time and nothing is eternally binding if the parties that agreed to something decide to agree to something else. You have to be a complete moron to think that parties are not free to change there mind when they decide to come to a new agreement, pure idiocy. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, usf97 said:

True. You will always love and remember the people, the ones who supported you or those who were not involved, especially those who have also moved on. The ones who say, you were done wrong. That is a big part of the healing. 

I am sure Jim would just assume USF would burn to the ground and no longer exist. If I were Jim, I wouldn't let an ounce of energy or resources support anything that Judy was associated with. So no, I seriously doubt he would ever let his children attend. Maybe it is petty but that's real life. 

He probably carries no ill will toward anyone here in particular. He would probably just assume he never would have to think about it ever again like a bad dream that never happened. 

I get where you're coming from and understand you have a personal situation that applies here... BUT... "think of the children"...

Let's say that horrible thing that happened between you and your ex ended up resulting in her/him taking your child, filling them with mental poison about you, and ruining your relationship not only with your ex (AD/Judy), but, also your kid (team) and your ex's family who you really like (fans)... When your ex is tragically struck by a bus and dies... don't you JUMP at the opportunity to have a relationship with your child again? When the family (fans again) wants you back in their life and it's your kid that you helped to raise, it's this different than the scenario you reference?

Again, I get where you're coming from and you may be 100% correct, but, I don't know if it can be applied across the board and if you put it in "kid" context, I have seen some people do some pretty terrible things to their parents, but, the parents always forgive them and want to have as much of a relationship as possible. Its different with a spouse, cousin, sister/brother, but, a parent always has a place in their heart for their own children.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

Said it before, ASU had the presence of mind to invite Frank Kush back.  

This is a critical time for Bulls Football. It’s time to move forward with all issues addressed. 

We half-heartedly marketed “Bulls Unite”.  Now would be the time to put some effort into doing so. 

Put us back on track. 

• Upvote 1