• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt and The People

Jim Leavitt and The People  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

I'd love to have CJL back at HC.  I just hope, at a minimum, Kelly thoroughly considers it - if he does his homework and ends up going another direction, then so be it.

Anything that doesn't look like the wash, rinse, repeat we have been doing for the last 10 years

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

The establishment ignores the will of the people at their peril.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Anything that doesn't look like the wash, rinse, repeat we have been doing for the last 10 years

Something that you can't instill in just anyone is that love for the program that CJL had (probably still has).  If you look back at the teams of the CJL era, they seemed to bring the same intensity and passion as their coach, oftentimes to a fault.  I'm sure that CJL has learned much and established quite a network from his travels to the NFL and various coordinating jobs since USF.  Just hope that it's all taken into consideration as part of this search and not blindly dismissed due to the conflict with previous administration.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

18 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I'd really be happy if they atleast offered him an interview. Kelly may decide to go a different way, but I think it could atleast start the healing process to get him on campus for an interview. The man built the program.

Are you ******** me?? If Kelly interviews but doesn't hire him it would be a freaking nightmare with all the CJL worshiping going on around here presently ..... and I've got no problem at all with bringing him back as HC, he's the only other retread I'm good with, behind SOS.

I haven't read all the CJL stuff posted, a little too depressing at times with the reminders that some have chosen him over USF football when it comes to support, but has there been any solid indication at all that his negative feelings towards USF has changed? Are people pining for something that has zero chance of happening?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Are people pining for something that has zero chance of happening?

YES

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Are people pining for something that has zero chance of happening?

Until the decision is made, we can all be happy that he is / is not the new coach....  

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

but has there been any solid indication at all that his negative feelings towards USF has changed?

I've never heard him say a negative thing about USF.  They ripped his heart out and attempted to destroy him, so yeah, I suppose there might be some negativity,  But Leavitt is an endlessly positive guy, I doubt he harbors any ill will towards the institution itself.  Of course, the $2.7 million dollar bribe USF paid him rather than have it heard publicly likely requires him to keep quiet, just as they were required.  Woolard moved on with his millions, Judy is honored for academics.  I think outside of that sleazy lawyer, Thomas Gonzalez, it's probably a whole new gang there.  Mr. Kelly was long gone before chaos ensued.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I've never heard him say a negative thing about USF.  They ripped his heart out and attempted to destroy him, so yeah, I suppose there might be some negativity,  But Leavitt is an endlessly positive guy, I doubt he harbors any ill will towards the institution itself.  Of course, the $2.7 million dollar bribe USF paid him rather than have it heard publicly likely requires him to keep quiet, just as they were required.  Woolard moved on with his millions, Judy is honored for academics.  I think outside of that sleazy lawyer, Thomas Gonzalez, it's probably a whole new gang there.  Mr. Kelly was long gone before chaos ensued.

Serious question. What are the legal ramifications of The Jim returning? I know that I've read that he cannot apply. Was that a life sentence? Specifically?

I know USF has the right to ignore if he does apply, but does that mean USF cannot take an application? Or extend and offer?

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

The other thing I wonder about in regards to CJL being rehired, is that, while Judy is officially no longer President, does she still have her meat hooks dug into the administration?  Would she allow this to happen?  I assume there are a lot of holdovers from her administration still in place or at least connected that would have some pull.  Could make Kelly's life a living hell if they wanted to, I would think.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Serious question. What are the legal ramifications of The Jim returning? I know that I've read that he cannot apply. Was that a life sentence? Specifically?

I know USF has the right to ignore if he does apply, but does that mean USF cannot take an application? Or extend and offer?

I have no inside knowledge, but...

With fans clamoring for him, I would think someone in the athletic department would leak the real terms if it wasn't possible just to keep order with the fans.

My other hunch is that there could be a larger force that has to be overcome. The fact that FSU hired him helps me with that a bit. At some point, USF is a state institution (as is FSU) and the state could step in and say no I suspect... again... with FSU hiring him, it would be hard to say that he's not stable enough to work for a public institution that's not in the panhandle...

3 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

The other thing I wonder about in regards to CJL being rehired, is that, while Judy is officially no longer President, does she still have her meat hooks dug into the administration?  Would she allow this to happen?  I assume there are a lot of holdovers from her administration still in place or at least connected that would have some pull.  Could make Kelly's life a living hell if they wanted to, I would think.

Maybe, but, there could be just as many of those people who weren't on board with her decision in the first place (or at the very least, see the error in it now)... also, if MK is your guy, you run the risk of losing him very quickly if he gets over ruled on hiring the person he wants to hire.

• Upvote 1