• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt and The People

Jim Leavitt and The People  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

To be fair, they just started caring about USF. 

You're confusing caring and being contractually obligated to mention USF occasionally.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

How can people be so oblivious to life that they don’t know any contract can be amended if the parties agree to it? Hell even the constitution is allowed to be changed and has been done to completely change directions on a subject. Do they honestly believe that if two parties wanted to change their mind a court would be like nope I’m sorry you committed to this 12 years ago and there is no take backs? How do they explain people getting married, divorced and remarried? Literally everything in a contract can be remedied and renegotiated and courts don’t care what you choose to agree to or change.  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I'd welcome him back.  He built the program.  Now it needs to be rebuilt.  I'll take a heartbreak loss here and there if we can go back to regularly beating central and knocking off ranked programs again.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Not to get all psychological but I don't think it would even be healthy for Jim to be here. 

If you have ever been through a bad break up or been fired/disowned by family, there really is no undoing that harm. 

Apologies help. Validation helps.

However, you can never go back and expect things to be "good" or the same. That trauma has been hard wired into you. The constant reminders and memories are painful even if you can logically tell yourself that you have forgiven or that you "won the argument". 

Why would you even put yourself through that? For pride? It's not worth it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How can people be so oblivious to life that they don’t know any contract can be amended if the parties agree to it? Hell even the constitution is allowed to be changed and has been done to completely change directions on a subject. Do they honestly believe that if two parties wanted to change their mind a court would be like nope I’m sorry you committed to this 12 years ago and there is no take backs? How do they explain people getting married, divorced and remarried? Literally everything in a contract can be remedied and renegotiated and courts don’t care what you choose to agree to or change.  

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with puc

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with puc

It happens to everyone every once and a while

1 minute ago, usf97 said:

Not to get all psychological but I don't think it would even be healthy for Jim to be here. 

If you have ever been through a bad break up or been fired/disowned by family, there really is no undoing that harm. 

However, you can never go back and expect things to be "good" or the same. That trauma has been hard wired into you. The constant reminders and memories are painful even if you can logically tell yourself that you have forgiven or that you "won the argument". 

We are hoping and wishing, but this is probably closer to reality.  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I'm not sure the issue was between USF (and the fans of USF) and Jim Leavitt.  I think it was more between the prior administration and Jim Leavitt.  Maybe it would be ok now that Judy, Doug, and those players are gone.  I have no inside knowledge, so I am assuming that there are not a bunch of people around that were involved in his removal.

• Content Count:  254

Winning matters (Captain Obvious, circa 2016, or so). The coach who lands and wins will quiet the haters independent whether its CJL or not. Haters become lovers, opposition become advocates.

Win and even CJL opposition will brandish new "Coach Leavitt' tramp-stamp tatoos on the smalls of their back and be forced to get the 'Fire CJL barbed wire tattoo' lasered off their middle aged, flaccid biceps.  

Truth is, all those that said there was zero chance CCS was gonna hit the deck due to lack of  $ are getting a 9 course prix fixe menu of crow done four ways....  careful of predicting CJL is not interested, eligible or even wanted by MK at this point lest we fire up the kitchen again.  To this point its all message board fodder, though my suspicion is things come into focus very quickly....  the next 2 weeks should be fun.  Between you and me, I'm just so happy and relieved  to be talking about something other than the offensive USF offense, the penalties, the lack of team discipline or CCS perceived ambivalence to it, real or not :))

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

31 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I'm not sure the issue was between USF (and the fans of USF) and Jim Leavitt.  I think it was more between the prior administration and Jim Leavitt.  Maybe it would be ok now that Judy, Doug, and those players are gone.  I have no inside knowledge, so I am assuming that there are not a bunch of people around that were involved in his removal.

The problem would be the stadium, the athletics building, the logo and the sight of the familiar donors. The memory of everything associated with USF has probably been tainted. It would be different if he left on his own accord or if both sides left amicably. 

When you build something and then it is taken from you in a traumatic fashion, the mere sight of it again is painful. Even if every person involved from 2010 was gone, the daily reminder would become overwhelming.  You can visit, you can logically tell yourself everything is fine, but it never really is. 

I had a similar experience working a decade with my family's business. When people become vindictive and burn bridges with something you put your heart and soul into, even after they die or you are later validated....it is never the same.  

Edited by usf97
  • Upvote 1