• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Bucs won their only Super Bowl when they were at the old rickety One Buc Place by the airport with outdoor weight rooms and rats running around.  It was a joke.  Since they’ve moved in to their new fancy digs they haven’t won squat.

The right coaches players and attitudes is what matters.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Bucs won their only Super Bowl when they were at the old rickety One Buc Place by the airport with outdoor weight rooms and rats running around.  It was a joke.  Since they’ve moved in to their new fancy digs they haven’t won squat.

exactly.

Miami Hurricanes held a vote on whether to drop their program to D2 because of financial troubles and then they hired Schnellenberger.

I'm not saying the luxury of nice facilities wouldn't be a good thing. Just that they are not as correlated to success as many people want you to believe.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

I actually thought we might get over that hump until that dropped pass. The offense wasn't getting many chances like that in that game and after squandering that one, knew it was pretty much over. Your defense gives up 10 points, you should win the game. Really thought that the defense played a helluva game and felt pretty bad for them ...

As far as the nonsense about USF failing to commit to football facilities, it's hard to commit to much of anything when you've had one of the cheapest overall fan bases, at our level, forever ..... and maybe this is a result of the relative newness of the football program and hopefully changes as it ages but right now, it appears to be like getting blood out of a rock.

This to me is the heart of the problem. Even at a medium level it would solve most of our problems. There is no sense of loyalty to the alma mater. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

I was a student at time time when we were at our best and in a bigger conference. I have always read that we had more donations and big money donations under CJL. After he was fired a lot of.the big boosters left. I imagine if we ever caught lightning in a bottle and go a on.long winning streak we could slowly build back.our fan base. I already have season tickets and donated money numerous times. I don't see the school, coach, or administrators at school donating their money to support the football team or IPF. The problem is the school.is committed to athletics and football in general.

58 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I was a student at time time when we were at our best and in a bigger conference. I have always read that we had more donations and big money donations under CJL. After he was fired a lot of.the big boosters left. I imagine if we ever caught lightning in a bottle and go a on.long winning streak we could slowly build back.our fan base. I already have season tickets and donated money numerous times. I don't see the school, coach, or administrators at school donating their money to support the football team or IPF. The problem is the school.is committed to athletics and football in general.

The money being donated then was because it was new toy and we were in a BCS conference. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Watched my first half of USF football since BYU, it was about what I remembered. The Clippers game on and I changed the channel for good. Life’s too short to spend it watching USF football. I have rather enjoyed all 3 basketball games this season, even if the men’s team basically out talented the opposition on Tuesday, as well as the soccer teams runs. I’ve also enjoyed spending the past 3 weekends hiking or at the beach, I’ll probably continue with that until we’ve righted the ship, getting too old to spend my Saturday afternoons doing things that don’t bring me pleasure, I did it with Skip and stuck with Tags but Strong was like 5th in my list of potential hires and he’s done what I expected. 

I admire those of you sticking it out both at Ray Jay and watching from afar but I’m only watching when it’s convenient at this point. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

agree.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

exactly.

Miami Hurricanes held a vote on whether to drop their program to D2 because of financial troubles and then they hired Schnellenberger.

I'm not saying the luxury of nice facilities wouldn't be a good thing. Just that they are not as correlated to success as many people want you to believe.

People need to come up with something that’s dooming this program when they can’t accept there ideas regarding CJL were the problem, you know the guy that did more with less.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Thursday was my first game attending since GTech. We just can’t justify taking hours out of our day to drive to Tampa, fighting traffic and heat (although Thursday was great weather) to watch us get outcoached by a paper bag.  There is no fight in these coaches at all, let alone any sense of urgency.  

Edited by crambone
Fight

1 hour ago, 206BULL said:

Watched my first half of USF football since BYU, it was about what I remembered. The Clippers game on and I changed the channel for good. Life’s too short to spend it watching USF football. I have rather enjoyed all 3 basketball games this season, even if the men’s team basically out talented the opposition on Tuesday, as well as the soccer teams runs. I’ve also enjoyed spending the past 3 weekends hiking or at the beach, I’ll probably continue with that until we’ve righted the ship, getting too old to spend my Saturday afternoons doing things that don’t bring me pleasure, I did it with Skip and stuck with Tags but Strong was like 5th in my list of potential hires and he’s done what I expected. 

I admire those of you sticking it out both at Ray Jay and watching from afar but I’m only watching when it’s convenient at this point. 

No matter how bad things are they can’t be bad enough to watch the NBA....

• Like 1