• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I guarantee if my team at work started delivering shoddy products on a regular basis, I'd be moved quickly to a "special assignment" and eventually quietly moved out. Maybe what we need to do is try moving CCS to a special recruiting assignment for a couple of games and see if the team responds any better with one of the coordinators playing the interim role. Just a thought. I really like Charlie as a guy and as a mentor, just like I did with Willie, but something's just not right with this team--they're way too up & down in performance. Wish I knew the answer.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 11/8/2019 at 7:01 AM, Joe said:

Coaching is one thing (it's bad), but the bigger issue is the lack of commitment to the program. It's just comical at this point. We lack an indoor practice facility. We lack a football facility, one that has had a targeted groundbreaking changed a couple times. Our players are sharing weight rooms with other student athletes. We lack so much of what other schools can offer.

While that might seem like a silly thing to be concerned about, it's what other schools can provide. We're competing with UCF, Mississippi State, NC State, Arkansas, FAU, etc for the same pool of Florida recruits and we lack so many selling points. This in turn leads to the talent level being average.

This school lacks a commitment to football, and has for some time. It's so much more than firing and hiring a coach. It's so much more than pointing at Raymond James and telling recruits the Bucs play there. It's an department wide commitment, and we've lacked it for a long long time. It's not getting better until they get together and make a commitment to changing that.

Wrong! 

We dont have a lack of committment to football.  We just dont have the money or donorship that other schools have.  We are scraping money together to get an IPF.  Is that lack of commitment to football.

If anything we have made bad after bad decision in our coaching hires.  Hopefully Kelly changes that trend.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Good point.  I know we need all the fans we can get. But at what cost.  Do we really want people that will only support in the good times.

I guess thats the reality of the majority of sports fans in general.  Maybe Im the one that needs to learn to deal with that.

Im different.  Ive been a Bucs fan since the late 70s and despite their repeated failures, i will never ever jump ship.

These fair weather fans just piss me off.

Hell, yeah ....... if we're talking paying fans.

As a charter season ticket holder, I'm right there with you with the Bucs ...... although not sure about the never ever jumping ship part. I've come close but hard to pull that trigger when thinking about the over 40 year emotional investment

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

49 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Wrong! 

We dont have a lack of committment to football.  We just dont have the money or donorship that other schools have.  We are scraping money together to get an IPF.  Is that lack of commitment to football.

If anything we have made bad after bad decision in our coaching hires.  Hopefully Kelly changes that trend.

So you consider CWT a bad hire?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

If fans are not supposed to change allegiance no matter what, then why are there people pissing and moaning about life long UF and FSU fans not supporting the Bulls?

Aren't fans consumers like everyone else?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

50 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

If fans are not supposed to change allegiance no matter what, then why are there people pissing and moaning about life long UF and FSU fans not supporting the Bulls?

Aren't fans consumers like everyone else?

Fans changing allegiances? No problem.

USF Alumni not supporting their alma mater? Problem...big time problem. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Fans changing allegiances? No problem.

USF Alumni not supporting their alma mater? Problem...big time problem. 

What if that alumni grew up UF or FSU fans, etc?   Even if they didn't, why are alumni obligated to support an inferior product?

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

What if that alumni grew up UF or FSU fans, etc?   Even if they didn't, why are alumni obligated to support an inferior product?

Because it’s called loyalty. If it was not for that university they would not be having the success they are having life. Any USF alumnus who supports UF or FSU is a total scum bag in my book and I hope they never set foot at a USF game. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Because it’s called loyalty. If it was not for that university they would not be having the success they are having life. Any USF alumnus who supports UF or FSU is a total scum bag in my book and I hope they never set foot at a USF game. 

Really?  Why's that?  Because the alumni chose to attend that school to get their education? The alumni couldn't have been successful if they went somewhere else?  What about loyalty from the university to the fans who are paying their hard earned money and/or donating to the program?  Where do they fall on this?  The coach(es) making millions of dollars off the backs of those alumni?   

The last part of this program that should be blamed is the fans/alumni.   The university and the program needs to step it up if they want the support of their fans/alumni.

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Really?  Why's that?  Because the alumni chose to attend that school to get their education? The alumni couldn't have been successful if they went somewhere else?  What about loyalty from the university to the fans who are paying their hard earned money and/or donating to the program?  Where do they fall on this?  The coach(es) making millions of dollars off the backs of those alumni?   

The last part of this program that should be blamed is the fans/alumni.   The university and the program needs to step it up if they want the support of their fans/alumni.

Those fans and alumni who can’t show loyalty to where they actually got a degree from can **** off. Plan and simple. Cheering on another school, one they probably did not even get into, is bad form. They can all eat **** for all I care.