• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

9 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

At this point I would say just wait till next year... again. But I don't even think that's going to make a difference.  

I know when renewal time comes that I'll probably renew again. Being a fan of the Bucs, USF and Rays...I'm used to be disappointed by my teams. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,325
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

Just shut the freaking program down if we aren't serious about it.  It's really time to decide if we are serious about this as a university.  If not, shut it down and stop the bullsht.  People are getting salaries that would make me have to revise my whole budget and are producing a 'product' that is so bad, it is driving die hard fans away.  I don't like doing things half-@ssed, so if all of these people that I am helping have a more financially secure future than the fans don't produce, we need to pick up the torches and pitchforks and let them know we are serious before there is no "we" left.  Attach a handle on the whole athletics administration and flush until the water is clear.

image.png.3535180d5c168c99305332f42ec0008e.png

Call Mike K. He will listen.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, BayIslandBull said:

Seems to have worked in oviedo... 

That and they’ve dumped millions into football specific facilities. It means a lot more these days then just nailing a coach.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, Joe said:

That and they’ve dumped millions into football specific facilities. It means a lot more these days then just nailing a coach.

Nah man. Good HC hires really saved that program, first and foremost. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

18 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Nah man. Good HC hires really saved that program, first and foremost. 

agreed.

lack of facilities are just an excuse for failures

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, Bull94 said:

agreed.

lack of facilities are just an excuse for failures

That’s just patently untrue. UCF won a BCS Bowl before Frost.

As someone who works in major division I athletics facilities are everything these days and though who committed to them ten years ago are thriving. Those who didn’t are struggling.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

That’s just patently untrue. UCF won a BCS Bowl before Frost.

As someone who works in major division I athletics facilities are everything these days and though who committed to them ten years ago are thriving. Those who didn’t are struggling.

of course you believe that.  that's what you have to sell to your donors.

plenty of coaches have been successful with limited facilities. plenty of programs aren't successful even with top notch facilities.

in the long run it would be great to have shiny new facilities but they are not the reason why UCF passed us.

Us making a (2) bad hires is why they passed us. Taggart had 3 #1 classes in AAC without facilities

South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas have better facilities than UF according to this article. Not to mention Northwestern, Oregon State, Texas Tech, TCU, Florida State, etc.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Alabama-football-Clemson-Tigers-Nick-Saban-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-LSU-college-facilities-rankings-2019-134061740/#134061740_1

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I won’t be back to RJS until Chuckles is gone.  

I imagine that comment is very tough for you to say but, its totally understandable..prob shared be many currently. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I can't make it to near as much as I would like especially this season but my support hasn't wavered and won't whether CCS here or not. I'm ok with just accepting that fact that we suck right now and there's nothing I can really do about it. So I just support. Also, if your donation isn't in the 7 figures, there's nothing you can do about it either. Don't kid yourself. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Coaching is one thing (it's bad), but the bigger issue is the lack of commitment to the program. It's just comical at this point. We lack an indoor practice facility. We lack a football facility, one that has had a targeted groundbreaking changed a couple times. Our players are sharing weight rooms with other student athletes. We lack so much of what other schools can offer.

While that might seem like a silly thing to be concerned about, it's what other schools can provide. We're competing with UCF, Mississippi State, NC State, Arkansas, FAU, etc for the same pool of Florida recruits and we lack so many selling points. This in turn leads to the talent level being average.

This school lacks a commitment to football, and has for some time. It's so much more than firing and hiring a coach. It's so much more than pointing at Raymond James and telling recruits the Bucs play there. It's an department wide commitment, and we've lacked it for a long long time. It's not getting better until they get together and make a commitment to changing that.

Your sentiments are shared. I have asked in the past trying to ascertain <what the problem is at USF as it revolves around football>. We get a taste of success but its always short lived. We hire a coach with a name but a failed resume. Most of the other schools that are building and enjoying success are hiring hot asst coaches from the P5 who are hungry and want to succeed and...they are. You get **** tired of being a spectacle on National TV. Most schools set records against us--oh what fun. Last night when the ESPN commentator said, "What the hell was that all about?" re: the timeouts at the end of the game..It was called:  QUITTING   I think CKB offense should be better by now. I do believe he knows coaching but..I have a feeling that CCS isn't a big fan of his offense. Why they wont acknowledge Rygol?? I think he might just be a starter somewhere else. Oh hell, I could go on but whats the use..?