• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I follow them and throw a couple of bucks when I can. But I do put USF first and foremost as without that degree the others don’t happen...yes, loyalty. Going to USF before there was football I would still roll my eyes at those who supported other teams (and I would bet most of them give little $ to the university). I went to KU for two years but when I left them I never turned back to them... Not even if they were winning NCAA championships in basketball. It’s USF first or nothing for me. 

You're a good man Charlie Brown.   Still doesn't answer my other questions.  I know from reading this board you're a business man.  It's not the consumers job to make the business successful.  If your product/service sucks, then you can't blame the consumer for going elsewhere.

Im a Bull's fan.  Not going anywhere and I'll bust balls of any "bandwagon" fans, but I can't begrudge anyone for their decisions on how to spend their time or money.  The only people that should be called out are the folks in charge of this fiasco not the fans

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

You're a good man Charlie Brown.   Still doesn't answer my other questions.  I know from reading this board you're a business man.  It's not the consumers job to make the business successful.  If your product/service sucks, then you can't blame the consumer for going elsewhere.

Im a Bull's fan.  Not going anywhere and I'll bust balls of any "bandwagon" fans, but I can't begrudge anyone for their decisions on how to spend their time or money.  The only people that should be called out are the folks in charge of this fiasco not the fans

Coming to your question in your first paragraph. College football, in my opinion, is an inelastic product. Specifically, the law of supply and demand does come into effect (some people will stop going if the product sucks and this the price of the product must come to increase demand).  However, for other people (like myself and most of those on this board) they will continue to buy the product at the current price and current demand. Why? Because the need for them is too great to let go. Further, the product is tied psychologically to passion and emotion and for some of us that is like a drug (similar to people who over shop). So yes, there may be people who bail on USF football but there will be others who can’t...which includes you and I. I am just passionate man...and I will be more so when we get a coach who knows what the hell he is doing. Sorry for the long explanation.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,209
  • Days Won:  422

50 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

But it's not that simple when it comes to college athletics. A portion of those "consumers" are the lifeblood of the program with their donations and you'll never build a stable program with a significant number of them donating on a whim depending on how the team's doing on a year to year basis. The folks in charge and the "consumers" both have a responsibility in the success, or lack of, in a program.

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 hours ago, Triple B said:

So you consider CWT a bad hire?

Pretty much yes.  Look at his first 2 years.  Yes he adjusted the offense to fit the players on the field and I give him credit for that.  He was a very good recruiter and we "out talented" and out "Flowered" most of the teams on our schedule.  In my book he was never a very good coach and his clock management skills suck.

Ask FSU what kind of coach he is.

Guest Jonesy Bull

Bottom Line- Its everybodys individual choice whether they want to only support the program when times are good.  But if thats the way the majority of the people feel then lets just drop football because we will never have a stable program.  You dont find this attitude at the Floridas and Nebraskas of the world.

Hoping for fair weather fans to make the program successful is like building a house on the San Andreas fault.

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Bottom Line- Its everybodys individual choice whether they want to only support the program when times are good.  But if thats the way the majority of the people feel then lets just drop football because we will never have a stable program.  You dont find this attitude at the Floridas and Nebraskas of the world.

Hoping for fair weather fans to make the program successful is like building a house on the San Andreas fault.

Furthermore this is not just a USF problem but apparently a G5 problem.  Look at ucf.  They have lost 3 games now and can get only get half a stadium full of fans again.

Yet some of our fans want us to lose to Cincy so that ucf gets knocked out.....Pathetic.  Absolutely pathetic.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Since I started the thread, let me be clear.  I’m done with “Chuckles” not USF.  I was a Gator fan long before this great USF football experiment and am never going back.  I will continue to buy my tickets and support my alma mater, however, if he’s back next year, I’m not sure I can sit through year 4 of this disaster.  I’m for anyone other than Chuckles.  Hell, if Kelly named Trip the head coach and had Gatorbull as his OC and NEB as the DC, I’d be in my seats cheering loudly.  

Horns Up!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

27 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Since I started the thread, let me be clear.  I’m done with “Chuckles” not USF.  I was a Gator fan long before this great USF football experiment and am never going back.  I will continue to buy my tickets and support my alma mater, however, if he’s back next year, I’m not sure I can sit through year 4 of this disaster.  I’m for anyone other than Chuckles.  Hell, if Kelly named Trip the head coach and had Gatorbull as his OC and NEB as the DC, I’d be in my seats cheering loudly.  

Horns Up!

Sucks you felt the need to clarify. So I will clarify my position too just in case. For the time being if other opportunities arise to spend my time on a Saturday I will be doing so. I prefer to spend my time doing things that are enjoyable to myself and this iteration of USF Football does not bring enjoyment to myself. I tempered my expectations immediately and assumed no bowl game in August. We’re a poorly coached team with a RS Freshman starting at QB and a first year OC. So I spend my Saturdays, when other options present themselves, away from the TV. I will continue to buy and donate my seats that I have not sat in since ‘09 and I will watch when I can. But I sat through Skip, I was a “Blind Eternal Taggart Optimist” at the ending of Willies second year, I’ve canceled plans and rearranged schedule to watch a football game at 9 am on Saturday mornings and with the a majority of the games meant being drunk by 10:30 just to make it through to the 4th. I’m done for now, I watched Thursday until something that makes me feel good came on. I can’t wait for USF football to make me feel good again or at least give me hope. This ain’t it and Thursday was probably the last USF Football game I watch for the season. I’m here for the MBB season, WBB season, AAC and NCAA tourney runs by both soccer teams. I’m actually planning on missing the first half of the Rams game to watch the MBB game in its entirety this afternoon. But, I’m going to do other **** also, my past 4 Saturdays have included 2 beach trips and a weekend camping, this Saturday my dogs and I spent most of the day hiking and relaxing at Lake Mead; for far too many years those were replaced by opening a fifth of Woodford at 9 am to make it through an ugly football game that would leave me depressed the rest of my Saturday. 

Fingers crossed we have a new coach before the road trip to Provo as that’s the next game I get to attend and I’ll be a little upset if I have to spend 10 hours driving round trip to watch Charlie coach, I’ll do it because I try and attend all USF games on this coast(minus Reno due to a friends wedding). 

Edited by 206BULL

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

FIRE CCS and go after Joe Brady from LSU.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, Cornada said:

Is Coach Strong?

See...I told you..You got the IT factor on creativity..just saying, that chemical engineer stuff might be holding you back??  :thumbsup: have a good one...bball game day Alright !! 

• Upvote 1