• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Navy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728
  • Days Won:  0

Just got home from Annapolis. The Navy fans were great as usual. I sat next to a gentleman from the Naval Academy Class of 1966. He was there with his grandson (about 4 years old) and family. I showed the grandson the Go Bulls hand sign, and we caught him doing it early in the game. 🤣 I learned some cool stuff about the history and traditions of Navy football from the Grandpa, Popop (that's what his grandson called him). He even wished us good luck as they left the game right after the 3rd quarter.

For a minute I thought some TBP kids were sitting behind me... They were actually a couple of young boys that were Navy fans. They were saying, "Man, their QB is terrible." And after the first two touchdowns the same boys were saying, "It's just too easy." I couldn't really say much back to them because, well, they were right about tonight's team at least.

Glad I went to the game. Not happy with the results and USF's embarrassing effort and lack of ability today, but at least the Navy fans didn't make me feel bad about the crushing defeat.

Bring on the ECU Pirates! No quarter!!

🤘

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Can we find the football version of Gregory? 

Polished AND a good coach that doesn't feel like a slimey used car salesman? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Do the coaches bet on our games....why was McCloud who was obviously at 50% in this game till the 4th quarter when we had a qb who was atleast 100% healthy and can throw with some zip.

Rygol should have been in this game in the second quarter or at the very least at halftime.

With the turnovers we got from Navy and if we had atleast moved the ball and chewed up some more clock I think we had a legit shot in this game if Rygol had been the starter...I think for me is the most frustrating part of this loss.  

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

A legit shot at what?

If we had a qb that could make a pass longer than 5 yards we could have gone into the 4th quarter in a close game.

When we were down 21 with McCloud at helm it might as well been 50 points.

9 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

McCloud wasn't allowing 7.3 yards per rush attempt and I doubt our 3rd string quarterback with no experience would have tipped the scales that dramatically. I mean, I know we want to think of some combination of existing personnel and coaching that will enable to compete against good teams, but this roster and staff just doesn't have it this year.

True..he wasn't I was quite disappointed in the defense but not that shocked really.

But still stand by that McCloud had no business being on the field after halftime.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed 100%. Not sure this coaching staff is capable of coaching up this roster to be competitive against good teams.. 

Not hitting open receivers & dropping crucial passes all boils down to confidence and grit. CCS obviously has not instilled that. It appears that The players like & respect CCS as a person but he needs to be coach sometimes and that means holding people to a standard.. not sure his standards apply to on field performance . 
I’m convinced that he will recruit well but it will not translate to on field success because he more interested in being a players friend and not their coach.. which as a coach is probably the worst thing you can do young people who are depending on you to help them reach their potential.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

32 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

McCloud wasn't allowing 7.3 yards per rush attempt and I doubt our 3rd string quarterback with no experience would have tipped the scales that dramatically. I mean, I know we want to think of some combination of existing personnel and coaching that will enable to compete against good teams, but this roster and staff just doesn't have it this year.

Put in someone that gave us a shot, our D was playing for what, anybody could have made this a game imo

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Off topic.  Great meeting Cousin Ricky and NE Bull today at the Tailgate.  Outstanding Bull Fans.

Go Bulls!

Great meeting you too @Bausfkid

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

We blow righteous D.  That is all.  Good night.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

7 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

We were thinking about going, but decided to save the money. This team isn’t worth our $$$

same here.  I'm glad we made the choice

• Upvote 1