• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

That way, all the drunk fratboys who feel that their college experience isn't quite complete unless they get to hop over a wall and jump up and down on grass after completing the arduous task of WATCHING A FREAKING FOOTBALL GAME FOR THREE HOURS can feel that warm and cozy feeling inside.

Hey, let's not lump all "fratboys" together.  Some of us turned out alright.

;) ;) ;)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I didn't lump you all together, just the drunk ones  ;D

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1) PSU had the exact same situation we did except more people went onto the field following their game (note: that guy at every PSU game with the funny mask did not belong on the field)

2) When trying to say people cannot enjoy an "arduous" football game without other factors it's best not to discuss how an OCS would not be pretty enough for you. Life would be lost without a pirate ship.

3) Most everyone knows that we cannot afford a campus stadium and I do not think anyone is seriously arguing that we should have a new stadium so that we can storm the field. That does not mean that Ray Jay is the most ideal situation and that we are lucky to be there.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

3) Most everyone knows that we cannot afford a campus stadium and I do not think anyone is seriously arguing that we should have a new stadium so that we can storm the field. That does not mean that Ray Jay is the most ideal situation and that we are lucky to be there.

I think you may need to talk to your buddies Jewbull and Cee about that....

Now I'm completely confused.  Probably the dementia since I'm probably classified as a "geezer" by the undergrad population.

I thought that was a HUGE part of your (you collectively, not specifically you) argument.  Our campus, our stadium, our rules = storm the field.  

Did someone spike my Metamucil, or does that not make any sense?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Wow, there are 4 active "on-campus stadium" related threads going on at once.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I think the confusion lies in treating the Louisville game as a rule, it appears a USF official gave an indirect okay following the game therefore you would be able to storm the field. That would not mean you would be able to storm the field just because it was our stadium but because we decided you could (see Clemson) but we could just as easily decide that you cannot (see Florida). Or we could be pragmatic and decide that we were not going to let you storm the field but we would not Rodney King you either (perhaps a ticket as you exit?) Yes our stadium would be our rules and not the TSA's but it would be our bill as well. At some point it will be better for us to have our own stadium or at least restructure this deal (see Pittsburgh) but for now I will count on the fact that we have a cost benefit analysis well prepared.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

notice how no one has yet commented on the fact that USF uses the "we cant afford a stadium" excuse as UCF signs a stadium deal with the same revenue uphill climb-- regardless if its got seatbacks for all your 40 year old geriatric asses  if they can do it, why cant we?

Let's start with UCF plays in the Citrus Bowl - and as such - has reached the point where they necessarily have to invest in their infrastructure just to keep the program from falling farther behind. If Orlando were getting a new stadium anytime in the future, UCF would ride the CB until it was ready, and do the same thing we're doing. Unfortunately, they have no alternative than to go the OCS route. I guarantee - that if RayJ were located in Orlando - UCF would not be building an OCS. Universities do not undertake this sort of financial endevor unless they absolutely have to.

Here's the question: would you accept - just to have it on campus - the absolute cheapest OCS possible, just to get out of RayJ. No amenities...just a bare-bones stadium to "call your own"? Think before you answer!  Consider what it is you really want... 8)