• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Ok students heres a question and a challenge all in one... Ready?   Here it is.   Where the heck are all of you when we have basketball games at our OWN,(well on campus at least) Stadium? If you all are complaining about an on campus stadium, let's see you all at Bball games. (Or is it you can't really get your drink on before the games like at football?) We used to, right Matty, Terry, MikeyB,  and the rest of you all faithfulls. Let's put it up or shut it up this season.    The Reaper

I heart the Reaper!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

jesus doug.. 1st off, the whole purpose of having an OCS is for the gameday experience and environment-- and most of that is for the enjoyment of the STUDENTS.. which is the whole basis of the gameday experience.  the 4 or so years at USF for undergrads would be an experience of a lifetime, and building a stadium on campus for alumni rather than for the undergrads is completely off target.. my hopes are that USF's OCS is filled with drunken students filtering from their dorms and from campus-wide tailgates, bumrushing into the doors of a stadium, holding up bull signs with their fingers, and filling a facility with STANDING students, frothing at the mouth, yelling obscenities, belting out the alma mater, and cheering on the bulls to a victory.

So, basically, all this obsession with an OCS is so students don't have to drive to the game. Everything up there is doable at RayJay except the drunken students stumbling to the stadium ....

my hopes ARENT of yours doug, which entail a bunch of 40 year old alums, sitting in seats with backs as their kids are sitting to the left of them with their gameboy advances and their wives breastfeeding their newborns to the right of them, and as a crowd is giving cutesy "golf claps" every time the bulls hit paydirt.  THIS IS BCS COLLEGE FOOTBALL, its supposed to be NC-17, nasty, personal, and not for the thin skinned.

Looking at YOUR hopes, it actually may be doable on campus NOW since it would only need to hold 10,000 or so drunken students .... maybe a few more for the alums who would want to brave going with all those "frothing at the mouth" students. Just throwing up some more seats around the soccer field and playing there should give you all you're looking for in a gameday experience.

the only thing close would be UF baskeball, be everyone knows that football is still what runs that town..

i think people making the argument that gamedays at UF and FSU are better because these towns are nothing more than "truck stops" is ridiculous as well..

Your first sentence there contadicts your second one. Gainesville IS UF. To try and downplay that is ludicrous.

i've lived in atlanta and i dare anyone to try to drive through midtown during a gatech homegame.

Traffic is a mess in West Tampa during a USF homegame, too ...

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

my hopes ARENT of yours doug, which entail a bunch of 40 year old alums, sitting in seats with backs as their kids are sitting to the left of them with their gameboy advances and their wives breastfeeding their newborns to the right of them, and as a crowd is giving cutesy "golf claps" every time the bulls hit paydirt.  THIS IS BCS COLLEGE FOOTBALL, its supposed to be NC-17, nasty, personal, and not for the thin skinned.

comparing USF basketball to USF football is like comparing DUKE football to DUKE basketball-- there is no comparison.. no matter how well USF does in basketball, this is florida and this is football country, so that whole argument that the sundome doesnt sell out doesnt hold much weight.. florida as a whole has never been much of a basketball state.. the only thing close would be UF baskeball, be everyone knows that football is still what runs that town..

Hey clueless.  We alums will be the ones that BUILD your precious OCS.  Dumping on them is not helping your cause.  I'll tell you something else.  I'm 33 years old, and I scream my guts out at every game.  No golf claps here.  Yes, my prego wife comes with me too.  She's an alum as well who loves to watch the Bulls.  When my girls are age appropriate, they'll be coming as well.  My 1 year old already says "go Bulls".  So, until you can change your own diaper, wipe your own a$$, and donate to the cause, shut your suck hole.  

One other thing, if you're really "all for the cause", then you'll get your butt to the DOME this year and scream until your eyes bleed for the basketball team.  That's where our fan tradition was originally.  Back in the early 90's teams hated to come into the dome because we were all up their a$$es.  You want to work on the "commuter school" image.  Start where we do have an on campus facility.  Get 10,000 of your closest friends to show up and fill up the dome.

Here endeth the lesson...

Hey clueless.  We alums will be the ones that BUILD your precious OCS.  Dumping on them is not helping your cause.  I'll tell you something else.  I'm 33 years old, and I scream my guts out at every game.  No golf claps here.  Yes, my prego wife comes with me too.  She's an alum as well who loves to watch the Bulls.  When my girls are age appropriate, they'll be coming as well.  My 1 year old already says "go Bulls".  So, until you can change your own diaper, wipe your own a$$, and donate to the cause, shut your suck hole.  

One other thing, if you're really "all for the cause", then you'll get your butt to the DOME this year and scream until your eyes bleed for the basketball team.  That's where our fan tradition was originally.  Back in the early 90's teams hated to come into the dome because we were all up their a$$es.  You want to work on the "commuter school" image.  Start where we do have an on campus facility.  Get 10,000 of your closest friends to show up and fill up the dome.

Here endeth the lesson...

I realize that some get all bent with the name-calling but there are some places where it just cannot be helped and seems so  ............ right.   8)

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

I just wanted to add that I have nothing to add.  Thank you.  

-Z

I just wanted to add that I have nothing to add.  Thank you.  

-Z

and I'll have nothing to add to that.

I realize that some get all bent with the name-calling but there are some places where it just cannot be helped and seems so  ............ right.   8)

Sorry.  I know that we're trying to avoid the personalization/name calling.  Sometimes, though, some of the undergrads make me feel like I'm the older brother, and I've got to knock them down a peg or two.  While I appreciate their enthusiasm, they still don't quite understand some of the bigger picture things.

Sorry.  I know that we're trying to avoid the personalization/name calling.  Sometimes, though, some of the undergrads make me feel like I'm the older brother, and I've got to knock them down a peg or two.  While I appreciate their enthusiasm, they still don't quite understand some of the bigger picture things.

Hey, I think you showed great restraint with just stopping at "clueless".  ;)

I've finally learned to have some restraint.  Only took this "geezer" 33 years to get there.  Another lesson learned in the game of life.