• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

I am new to this board so maybe this has been addressed in the past. What if any interest is there for a stadium on campus? I am sick of giving money to the Glazers!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

this has been covered many times, and many times people have been against an oncampus stadium, which i think is moronic.. ironic, because USF is making a push to not be as much of a commuter campus and having a stadium on campus would draw so much more life to a pathetic on-campus environment.  with that being said, if i HAD to have a stadium off campus, i would want it to be RJS.  after visiting the orange bowl last week, driving by the citrus bowl, i'm glad RJS is our home stadium.  i will have to admit, that going to USF games isnt your "traditional" gameday experience, like at UF and FSU, but i've graduated from undergrad and could care less about that stuff, but i wouldnt mind seeing that kind of experience on USF's campus-- just for the sake of exposing that sort of thing to the undergrads

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

In short, we have a great stadium to play in now that is a huge recruiting tool (NFL stadium) and the money to build an on-campus stadium is better spent in bringing the baseball, softball, track and other facilities up to Big East/1-A stadards.

Once those items are accomplished, then we can start thinking about raising funds for a stadium.

the money to build an on-campus stadium is better spent in bringing the baseball, softball, track and other facilities up to Big East/1-A stadards.

Once those items are accomplished, then we can start thinking about raising funds for a stadium.

i think they need to build a stadium on campus before bringing up softball, track, etc, because a football stadium WILL bring up money to spruce those facilities.. unlike other sports, football is a bigtime cashcrop that can pay for itself faster than any other sport

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

The debt service for an on campus stadium would mean that the money wouldn't flow as you described and would delay upgrading facilities that desparately need upgrading.

Prioritizing the other sports will give football time to build a bigger fan base, which should bring in more donations when it is time to build the stadium.

I have spoken to ex-players (USF) and they dislike playing in an NFL stadium. The locker rooms are designed for a NFL team only. College teams dress twice as many players. Everyone is doubled up.

Leavitt does not intentionally ram his head into players helmuts. It is so crowded in the locker room, he just turns around and...BAM!! Lights out!

If we named the stadium "Jim Norman field" maybe the county commissioner's ego would allow him to drop his stupid "Build it and they will come" baseball field for some possible MLB team. and give us the 40 Million he seems to think is burning a hole in the county pockets.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

USF has other priorities for spending money right now...a stadium is at least a decade or more away. The benefits of playing in RayJay far outweigh the disadvantages right now.

Guest usf-ru
I have spoken to ex-players (USF) and they dislike playing in an NFL stadium. The locker rooms are designed for a NFL team only. College teams dress twice as many players. Everyone is doubled up.

Leavitt does not intentionally ram his head into players helmuts. It is so crowded in the locker room, he just turns around and...BAM!! Lights out!

If we named the stadium "Jim Norman field" maybe the county commissioner's ego would allow him to drop his stupid "Build it and they will come" baseball field for some possible MLB team. and give us the 40 Million he seems to think is burning a hole in the county pockets.

Cringe....how about Storm & Norman field.  Get a little of that bi-partisan action.

i can see that.. i've mentioned many times that playing at RJS is kind of impersonable for USF, being that it is the bucs stadium, and from head to do its designed as such-- i mean, if it didnt have so many **** bucs logos all over the freakin place, maybe it could be a little bit "homely" for the bulls.. i even started a thread a while ago about what USF could do to make it more "USF-like".. regardless, its something that USF is stuck playing with and there's really nothing that anyone can do about it

i really dont want USF to build some kind of mansion for their team to play in, but something (approx the size of UCONN's stadium), big enough to hold a press box and some luxury boxes, and something that can easily be expanded sometime down the road.. i mean, freaking RUTGERS and UCONN got to rebuild/build a new stadium, why cant USF?  i dont see why USF fans dont realize how much of a difference it would make for the program and for the university

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

i dont see why USF fans dont realize how much of a difference it would make for the program and for the university

I think it was pointed out several times already on this thread the pros and cons of an on campus stadium NOW. I think the great majority of USF fans would prefer an on-campus stadium with all things being equal but it's just not feasible NOW.............but I tell you, if they ever DO build an on campus stadium, they **** well better wait until they can afford seats for all instead of benches.   >:(