• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

And yet the so called "older alumni" bitched and complained when USF moved homecoming against Cinci to Halloween night two years ago for ESPN dollars.  Many alumni did not show up that night, yet the students made the experience a memorable one - that includes the team for beating Cinci in a nail biter.

The older alumni lamented how their children could not door to door talking candy from strangers, and yet these are the same people who go crazy worring about pediophiles.  Don't take candy from strangers unless it is Halloween.  Contradictory and stupid.

If everyone around here is such a financial genius, then you should have a vast sum of money, and you can donate that cash to USF to build its stadium.

No takers?  Then sit down and stop talking out of your other mouth.  The methane stench is getting sickening.

As a donor, I would NOT give any money to an OCS. I love going to Ray Jay. Its a shorter drive from the beach for me and has great facilities.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I told ya'll in another post - if we don't have an on-campus stadium in 20 years, I'm your man. I need 4 years to finish medical school and 3 years for the residency.... 13 years of positive cash flow should do it....

YOU THINK I'M JOKING....

Seriously, if this website is still up 20 years from now, I'll go and quote this post when "Faza Stadium" gets built right over a bulldozed University Mall.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Good luck to you, I hope you're right.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'd love to see you do that Brandon...

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Ok students heres a question and a challenge all in one... Ready?   Here it is.   Where the heck are all of you when we have basketball games at our OWN,(well on campus at least) Stadium? If you all are complaining about an on campus stadium, let's see you all at Bball games. (Or is it you can't really get your drink on before the games like at football?) We used to, right Matty, Terry, MikeyB,  and the rest of you all faithfulls. Let's put it up or shut it up this season.    The Reaper

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  198

Faza has the right idea - Before we can build a stadium we need a few deep pocket donors. Maybe some of these NBA and NFL alum can help out in a few years.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I went to many basketball games last season. Once again, the "commuter school" aspect comes into play. Not only that, our team wasn't very good...

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  93

I don't do 'nice' .......... and why are you here??

Just thought my expert opinion could be useful considering WE are getting a stadium on campus. :P

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Just thought my expert opinion could be useful considering WE are getting a stadium on campus. :P

I think your opinion would be more valuable AFTER you've played in your on-campus stadium a couple of years and you could regale us with how it has pulled your football program to a level almost even with ours ...

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Cee & Joe, you may not mind bench seating now but wait 'til you are a 40 yr old alum with a family bringing a couple of 6 & 8 yr old kids.  Your butt is just a tad wider than when you were 20.  You are giving $1000 plus a yr in donations for season tix and another $500-$1000 for facilities.  When you are sitting in those narrow bench seats trying to pay attention to the game and the kids are "bored" in the late 3rd qtr, you'll be thinking what the heck was I thinking when I was 21 y.o. stu.  There's only 12K non paying stu's in this tinker toy stad & 30K paying alums & fans.  And it sure would be nice to have an area to get out of our seats at halftime like back in the good ole days when the Bulls played in RJS.

jesus doug.. 1st off, the whole purpose of having an OCS is for the gameday experience and environment-- and most of that is for the enjoyment of the STUDENTS.. which is the whole basis of the gameday experience.  the 4 or so years at USF for undergrads would be an experience of a lifetime, and building a stadium on campus for alumni rather than for the undergrads is completely off target.. my hopes are that USF's OCS is filled with drunken students filtering from their dorms and from campus-wide tailgates, bumrushing into the doors of a stadium, holding up bull signs with their fingers, and filling a facility with STANDING students, frothing at the mouth, yelling obscenities, belting out the alma mater, and cheering on the bulls to a victory..

my hopes ARENT of yours doug, which entail a bunch of 40 year old alums, sitting in seats with backs as their kids are sitting to the left of them with their gameboy advances and their wives breastfeeding their newborns to the right of them, and as a crowd is giving cutesy "golf claps" every time the bulls hit paydirt.  THIS IS BCS COLLEGE FOOTBALL, its supposed to be NC-17, nasty, personal, and not for the thin skinned.

Let's sellout RJS 10-12 games b4 this get's to be a  serious topic.  True fans go no matter were the Bulls are playing.  Look at the Sundome, its on campus and its only been close to filled 3-5 times in the last decate.  It won't get filled just because the drive from off campus housing is 5 miles closer where most stu's live.

comparing USF basketball to USF football is like comparing DUKE football to DUKE basketball-- there is no comparison.. no matter how well USF does in basketball, this is florida and this is football country, so that whole argument that the sundome doesnt sell out doesnt hold much weight.. florida as a whole has never been much of a basketball state.. the only thing close would be UF baskeball, be everyone knows that football is still what runs that town..

i think people making the argument that gamedays at UF and FSU are better because these towns are nothing more than "truck stops" is ridiculous as well.. i've lived in atlanta and i dare anyone to try to drive through midtown during a gatech homegame.  if anyone has ever been to los angeles knows that USC's gamedays are as good as anywhere else.. the list goes on as to football programs with GREAT gamedays in metropolitan areas.. yes, it CAN be done..but an oncampus stadium is a necessity

like ive said before, RJS is an amazing facility to play in, but USF will never be what it wants to be (which is a university with a true sense of an on campus community) without its OCS.. funding on the other hand may be another issue, but as i have brought up before, "if UCF can do it, why cant we?"