• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Many of you guys have obviously NEVER attended USF...As a current student I can say our campus life sucks, most people in my dorm head home on the weekends. And if they stay most don't care about Bulls football.

An on campus stadiums would change this by giving students a reason to stick around. No Bleachers?!!? Most club sections have them..butm Gimmie one college in America thats on Campus stadium features exclusive plush chairbacks? You can rent the chair additions to the bleachers if it bugs you that bad.

Just an opinion of a current USF student.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

And many of us are check-writing alumni, members of the USF Bulls Club, season ticket holders and - most importantly - attended USF long before Bulls football ever existed.

Maybe USF will have an OCS - twenty years down the road. And a reasonable person would have to realize that. So the desperate claims of needing an OCS "now" / "sooner than later" have no merit.  

.As a current student I can say our campus life sucks, most people in my dorm head home on the weekends. And if they stay most don't care about Bulls football.  

...don't really see how an OCS would impact that one way or the other.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Many of you guys have obviously NEVER attended USF...As a current student I can say our campus life sucks, most people in my dorm head home on the weekends. And if they stay most don't care about Bulls football.

An on campus stadiums would change this by giving students a reason to stick around. No Bleachers?!!? Most club sections have them..butm Gimmie one college in America thats on Campus stadium features exclusive plush chairbacks? You can rent the chair additions to the bleachers if it bugs you that bad.

Just an opinion of a current USF student.

Joe I did attend USF, my first roomate, first yr, left me by myself every weekend (lived in an apartm't).  Second roomates did the same for 2 yrs.  Lived by myself for the last 18 mos.  An OCS doesn't need to be considered and will not get stu's in the seats.  And I will always say, "NO TO BENCH SEATING!"  They plain suck.

Oh BTW, I also went to a school in WV before USF for two yrs that had 3000 stu's and I played D2 football.  Half the stu's lived on campus.  On the weekends, there were only about 150 off us left on campus and about 40 of us were football players from FL.  Guess where the stadium was? Yep on campus.  Your theory has holes.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

An OCS doesn't need to be considered and will not get stu's in the seats.  And I will always say, "NO TO BENCH SEATING!"  They plain suck.

Oh BTW, I also went to a school in WV before USF for two yrs that had 3000 stu's and I played D2 football.  Half the stu's lived on campus.  On the weekends, there were only about 150 off us left on campus and about 40 of us were football players from FL.  Guess where the stadium was? Yep on campus.  Your theory has holes.

actually, joe is right and an OCS WILL get students into its seats.. go to any legitimate D1 program with a stadium on campus and see how much of a difference it is than what goes on at RJS saturdays.. and NO, some bunk D2 program in WV with a stadium on campus doesnt count.. its almost like some of the people on this board embrace the student apathy and lack of school spirit that USF has... hate to break it to you all but its either one way or the other-- an OCS with school spirit or one off campus with school spirit that will never reach its full potential.  perfect example: UM-- for a program so strong and with such good tradition, its gameday is pretty terrible.

this whole "no bench seating" is just being way to snobby as well.. if anyone knows, what makes an on campus stadium such a homefield advantage is because the crowd STANDS the entire game for their team.. its unfortunate that we've got so many old alum on here who are too old to realize this and cant stand up for 15 minutes at a time, and need seatbacks for their kids and pregnant wives.  thats cool and all, but if USF wants to be more like a bigtime program, its gotta start acting like one-- and the gameday experience is a big (probably the biggest) part of that agenda.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

we should start seriously considering an on campus stadium in 10yrs

the right environment would need

1. season tix approaching 40K

2. attendence approaching 60K

3. several top 25 finishes

4. several bowl games, BCS would be nice

5. really a part of the big FOUR in FL

6. aging rayjay (esp if we cannot re-negotiate a better deal)

7. 10 yrs of alums who had usf football in the BE

8. plans for a stadium as nice or better than rayjay

9. other sports venues up graded to BE level

10. donations  for 50% of the cost before we break ground

BTW i would not mind TSA (tampa sports authority) running it if they pay the other 50%

until then i am happy to park my butt in a seat at rayjay and sip my suds

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379

The funny part of all of this is the students want the on campus stadium and they dont care about the cost. They think the added attendance is the benefit. But the added attendance they are talking about wont be paying any more money and wont generate any more money. Students on campus dont pay for parking. Heck, off campus students pay for parking permits that allow them to park on campus for free also. There's less parking revenue less ticket revenue and more debt costs. Wow, we better move fast.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738

This thread can never be anything but apples and oranges.

As long as you put cold, hard (fiscal) arguments against intangibles, you're never going to get these rows to line up.

I remember when there was actually an argument for keeping "The Big Sombrero" around for USF to use, and letting the Bucs have RayJ.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

... hate to break it to you all but its either one way or the other-- an OCS with school spirit or one off campus with school spirit that will never reach its full potential.  perfect example: UM-- for a program so strong and with such good tradition, its gameday is pretty terrible.

You'd be smarter to pick a different program without an OCS to TRY and make your point. You're failing miserably with UM.

its unfortunate that we've got so many old alum on here who are too old to realize this and cant stand up for 15 minutes at a time, and need seatbacks for their kids and pregnant wives.

:-X

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

Student attendence has kicks some azz this season, so I would not rip on the students right now. The argument is that the community does not truley support USF yet. Tampa is a bandwagon town. Once USF starts getting ranked then I think attendence will sky rocket. Still no excuse to only have 33K for the UL game IMO. USF needs to have at least over 40K for WVU since it is homecoming. I expect to have close to 45k and 50k for WVU.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

It's us "older alumni" that have supported the team from the beginning.  It's only recently that the students have been turning out in force - and I am proud of them for that.  It proves that as we play better teams and have wins against good programs, the fans (including the students), will show up.