• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

So Cee, what's your plan to get the stad built b4 you graduate.  Come on.  Let's hear it.  You are the one w/all the passion about this endeavor.  USF needs $200,000,000.  Probably need half up front to get the ball rolling.  BTW, I'm tapped for donations.  Between my church, my kid's school, annual USF athletics season tickets donations, USF facilities donations, and the Girl & Boy Scouts in front of Walmart I have nuttin' for more charity.  But in three yrs after my 5 yrs of athletic facility donation is complete, I might be willing to donate $1000 for a stadium.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

So Cee, what's your plan to get the stad built b4 you graduate.  Come on.  Let's hear it.  You are the one w/all the passion about this endeavor.  USF needs $200,000,000.  Probably need half up front to get the ball rolling.

Doug, you haven't been paying attention. Cee's stadium could probably be done for $1 to $2 million, TOPS. Seatless bleachers (everybody stands, you know), no permanent concessions ( hot dog carts and those kiosk type beer stands like at the Forum should suffice), trough type bathrooms for both men and women (deal with it, ladies), portable stadium lighting (rentable by the month so this wouldn't even be a capital outlay) ..... Biggest expense would be the disposable goal posts and sod replacement after students are allowed to storm the field after every win.

Heck, $1 to $2 million may be on the high side ....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

(i'm putting faith in the athletic department that they'll build a stadium that meets modern standards), but you people are just waiting for a stadium built for King Midas with the garbage that comes out of your mouth.. seatbacks?  cupholders?  i mean, when will your desires be satisfied? .

That's just it cee, we already have a stadium "built for king midas" so why build one that isn't?

You see, in life, you look to upgrade not downgrade.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Heh, costs aren't that easy and most of us know that...

However, 200M is a lil much for a college football stadium, this isn't the NFL.

100-120 should cover a very nice stadium. On a 30 year mortgage, thats 4 Mil a year, plus interest...plus upkeep...well you know what I'm getting at.

I am not expecting an oncampus stadium anytime soon, I am simply stating that we should start planning for one. It will help this program tremenously!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I am not expecting an oncampus stadium anytime soon, I am simply stating that we should start planning for one. It will help this program tremenously!

This is the part that I honestly don't understand, Joe. In what ways will an OCS tremendously help the football program?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

100-120 should cover a very nice stadium. On a 30 year mortgage, thats 4 Mil a year, plus interest...plus upkeep...well you know what I'm getting at.

Principal and interest alone would be well over $6 million a year for a $100 million stadium.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

However, 200M is a lil much for a college football stadium, this isn't the NFL.

You're right.  This isn't the NFL.  Then it would cost somewhere between $350 - $400 M

$100-$120 would cover a very nice stadium.........that would sit maybe 25 - 30K.  Not nearly enough IMO.

Have to agree with WWW, any thoughts of a stadium have to be somewhat on par with a RJS type.  Not necessarily that big to start, we don't need 120 luxury boxes, we don't need the widescreen jumbotron at both ends, but the base stadium amenities (seats, sightlines, restrooms, concessions, etc) need to be equivalent.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

You're right.  This isn't the NFL.  Then it would cost somewhere between $350 - $400 M

$100-$120 would cover a very nice stadium.........that would sit maybe 25 - 30K.  Not nearly enough IMO.

Have to agree with WWW, any thoughts of a stadium have to be somewhat on par with a RJS type.  Not necessarily that big to start, we don't need 120 luxury boxes, we don't need the widescreen jumbotron at both ends, but the base stadium amenities (seats, sightlines, restrooms, concessions, etc) need to be equivalent.

Basically RJS w/o the padded seats, upper deck, and endzone concessions.  And not to mention downgraded lux boxes.  Those are so profitable but would be a hard sell in Tpa competing with the Bucs, Lightning, and Rays lux. boxes.  Anyway for a $150MM, we'd be looking at ECU's stad w/stad chairs, not benches w/backs like the Ole Sombero.  It would be steel tinker toy/erector set with no amenities in the concession areas (just stating not judging).  Maybe one smaller type replay video screen.  Giving up RJS so stu's can stagger to this OCS from thier dorms is a hard sell for me anyway I look at it.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Basically RJS w/o the padded seats, upper deck, and endzone concessions.  And not to mention downgraded lux boxes.  Those are so profitable but would be a hard sell in Tpa competing with the Bucs, Lightning, and Rays lux. boxes.

Exactly.  We don't need a RJF redo.  What we need is something a little more subdued, with the same basics as RJS.  It will definitely be harder to sell luxury boxes, advertising, etc.  Only so many corporate dollars to go around.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

Would that be "paying attendance" of 25K per game? Becuase with students if you have 25k paying your gonna have 10-15k in students showing up for free. Hence the 40k figure in attendance.

They accounted for non-paid attendance by using a weighted ticket price to reflect the students and comp'd guests.  So they're not multiplying the attendance by a full $24 ticket price, but a lower figure.