• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Another benefit to an OCS is that when CJL leads us to our first MNC, we can name the field or stadium after him. I am not saying that we need one right now, but the future is bright, and I think that an OCS would make it even brighter.  

Before anyone says "well USF has classes in the Mall, and that doesn't make it on campus". That is trying to compare apples to Oranges. There isn't even a street seperating Doak S. Campbell stadium from the rest of the FSU campus.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

That's one of the things people are missing here.  What we will gain is less than what we will loose.

Plus, how is an OCS going to increase revenue when you first must subtract over $100,000,000.00 to build it?

lets look at that #...

it would cost 100mill (by your estimate above) to make...

the stadium would be used for a long long time... 50? 100 years? more?

so that cost could be spread out over that time... 1-2 million a year (yes, there is interest etc.)

How much do we LOSE on parking and concessions now to the Glazers/TSA?

how many cars are parked at 7$ a car? If there are 35000 fans... and 5 per car (overestimate)... that is 49000 per game in parking fees.

how many beers are consumed at 7$ per beer?

35000, lets say 1/3 drink 2 beers...  24000 beers @ 7$

that is $168000 in beer sales PER GAME and that isn't including

hot dogs, fries, chicken, etc etc...

There is a lot of money that could be made that we are missing out on... and its not like the 100mill you mention would be a 1 year cost... it is spread out over the life of the stadium.

I don't think the cost is that big of a deal.  I'm sure there is plenty i'm not taking into consideration and i'm sure the #'s above have many flaws... but the point still stands.  We can and will afford this at some point down the road.

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

jealous of that pile of scaffolding?  Please, talk about speaking of what you know?

Then why do you resort to name calling?? The "guts" of the stadium is the still the "erector set" but the interior is gorgeous and the exterior is some of the most beautiful architecture that one will ever see. It also looks a lot like the other buildnings on campus (red brick).

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

jealous of that pile of scaffolding?  Please, talk about speaking of what you know?

thats just ignorant as well.. have you ever been to the doak?  its quite possibly the nicest stadium in the state.. its definitely better than the swamp, and its probably as nice as RJS.. well, its completely different, but its probably the nicest stadium in the south, or one of them at least

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

ignorance is bliss, i guess

if ignorance is bliss, then you must be the happiest guy on earth........

at least I've acknowledged that you guys have some good points.  you just like to make fun of us old people/alums, and piss them off.  

btw, if this school isn't living up to your Satuday expectations, maybe you should take a drive about 90 miles east and join in their "tradition".  your immaturity suggests that you still may play with erector sets.  that would help you fit right in with our friends to the east.  you could actually participate in building their stadium/"tradition".

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

i dont know what happens when you get older

For one thing, you understand more about the costs of paying for things.  You'll learn when you're a working stiff.  It's much different than getting a keg on friday nights.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

btw, if this school isn't living up to your Satuday expectations, maybe you should take a drive about 90 miles east and join in their "tradition".  your immaturity suggests that you still may play with erector sets.  that would help you fit right in with our friends to the east.  you could actually participate in building their stadium/"tradition".

I'm beginning to wonder if he is even a Bulls fan, to be honest. Maybe Cee is his middle name and his first and last names are You and Eff. It would explain the earlier Leavitt bashing ..... and the tendency to be obsessed about stuff.

thats just ignorant as well.. have you ever been to the doak?  its quite possibly the nicest stadium in the state.. its definitely better than the swamp, and its probably as nice as RJS.. well, its completely different, but its probably the nicest stadium in the south, or one of them at least

bull-by-marriage, you gotta understand that most of these people have never been outside of hillsborough county and dont understand what a college football game is like outside of raymond james stadium-- i think thats what makes this conversation so difficult..

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

lets look at that #...

it would cost 100mill (by your estimate above) to make...

the stadium would be used for a long long time... 50? 100 years? more?

so that cost could be spread out over that time... 1-2 million a year (yes, there is interest etc.)

There is a lot of money that could be made that we are missing out on... and its not like the 100mill you mention would be a 1 year cost... it is spread out over the life of the stadium.

I don't think the cost is that big of a deal.  I'm sure there is plenty i'm not taking into consideration and i'm sure the #'s above have many flaws... but the point still stands.  We can and will afford this at some point down the road.

cost is not spread over the life of the stadium.  cost would be spread over the number of years it would be financed for.  Stadiums may stand for 50 years, but they're finance for a much shorter period of time.  Therefore the $1-2M a year for 50 to 100 yrs just doesn't work.

For one thing, you understand more about the costs of paying for things.  You'll learn when you're a working stiff.  It's much different than getting a keg on friday nights.

uhh, i graduated dude.. i'm doing my residency right now, and i understand how much it will cost... what i'm trying to explain is that you gotta think about it as an investment (like a house) as opposed to a depreciating commodity (like a car).. in general, stadiums make money, they dont lose money