• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

well, i didnt realize how apathetic people are at USF until i tuned into this message board..

You confuse "apathetic"  with "realistic".

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

What will YOU do to take it to the next level?

no, what will you do WITH ME?  thats the prob, you guys think you can just sit back and let others do the work.. we gotta do this TOGETHER.  i'll do my part in getting this thing going, and it makes me sick that people like you just dont care about a place we can call home

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

look at all that room.. i like the top right corner, where all the students and on campus life is

usf.gif

Not too bad a spot.  Couple of problem that I see.  All of the apartments that are located across 50th Street.  I can't see how they could get clearance to put something of that nature directly across the street from a residential area.  Second, no way in the world that the roads around that part of campus could handle the volume for 40-50K who would attend the games.  I understand you could close some of the roads off during game time, but again, you can't completely block off the residential traffic, especially since 50th is the only in/out for most of those places.  

One other question to add.  Where exactly would you expect people to tailgate?  In the Sundome parking lot?  Give me another spot on campus for parking and tailgating?  Preferrably not an asphalt parking lot.

well traffic is a problem around any stadium.. traffic is a problem at raymond james during bulls and bucs games, there's no way around it.. the way id see it, the area in the top right would be like where Doak is located at fsu.. surrounded by apartments-- and if anyone has ever been to an FSU game, everyone knows that a lot of partying goes on at the apts across the street.. pretty fun.. and good business for the apt complex-- the one across from the doak never has vacancies come fall semester

roads around the Swamp cant accomodate traffic of that magnitude either, but as anyone who has been to gator games knows that its unavoidable and just comes with the territory

Where exactly would you expect people to tailgate?  In the Sundome parking lot?  Give me another spot on campus for parking and tailgating?  Preferrably not an asphalt parking lot.

god, do you want a massage with a happy ending as well?  tailgating will go on all across campus. all along holy drive, along sycamore, etc.. the campus would be open to everyone to park/use for tailgating, much like at UF, where people just tailgate next to academic buildings, in the shade, etc

no, what will you do WITH ME?  thats the prob, you guys think you can just sit back and let others do the work.. we gotta do this TOGETHER.  i'll do my part in getting this thing going, and it makes me sick that people like you just dont care about a place we can call home

One more time my friend.  You need to stop talking and listen to what we are telling you.  

We ALL care about a place we can call home.  We would ALL love to EVENTUALLY have an OCS.  We will ALL put our money/time/effort where our mouth is if it can be PROVEN, not by you or Joe or someone else piling on the argument.  Prove it to me by getting the university to commit to a study.  If the university thinks that it is worth the time for some kind of feasability study, then there there will be some validity to your points.

Do you actually think that Dr. Genshaft, Lee Roy Selmon, and Doug Wollard are all missing the point on this?  If they thought that an OCS would be a viable option right now, don't you think they would be trying to raise awareness?  These are very bright people who understand the both the business and athletics issues involving the school.  If it was appropriate, they would be making noise.  All of them, individually and collectively have gone to great lengths for our athletic program already, and will continue to do so.  You get one of them to mention an OCS and I'll listen.  Until then.........

One more time my friend.  You need to stop talking and listen to what we are telling you.  

We ALL care about a place we can call home.  We would ALL love to EVENTUALLY have an OCS.  We will ALL put our money/time/effort where our mouth is if it can be PROVEN, not by you or Joe or someone else piling on the argument.  Prove it to me by getting the university to commit to a study.  If the university thinks that it is worth the time for some kind of feasability study, then there there will be some validity to your points.

Do you actually think that Dr. Genshaft, Lee Roy Selmon, and Doug Wollard are all missing the point on this?

well i think woolard is in no rush to get a stadium on campus-- which kind of sucks for us.  i was never for him getting the position and was all for that guy from UVA (forgot his name).. the problem with woolard is that he has never had to deal with a football program (he came from SLU) and does not understand the dynamics and advantages of the sort.  it'll be hard convincing him, but i think we can do it if we can all get together on this one.

well traffic is a problem around any stadium.. traffic is a problem at raymond james during bulls and bucs games, there's no way around it.. the way id see it, the area in the top right would be like where Doak is located at fsu.. surrounded by apartments-- and if anyone has ever been to an FSU game, everyone knows that a lot of partying goes on at the apts across the street.. pretty fun.. and good business for the apt complex-- the one across from the doak never has vacancies come fall semester

roads around the Swamp cant accomodate traffic of that magnitude either, but as anyone who has been to gator games knows that its unavoidable and just comes with the territory

god, do you want a massage with a happy ending as well?  tailgating will go on all across campus. all along holy drive, along sycamore, etc.. the campus would be open to everyone to park/use for tailgating, much like at UF, where people just tailgate next to academic buildings, in the shade, etc

Look, slappy, I'm just trying to see what kind of thought you've put into this.

I'll agree with you that traffic would not be easy anywhere near campus on a game day.  

Again, I'm still finding flaws in your thinking.  Having apartments near the stadium for partying is great, but I don't think that the students want a bunch of thirtysomethings hanging with them.  

Based on you're proposal, should we just pull our cars up wherever we'd like to park/tailgate?  Hmmm...the field between Cooper Hall and the Business building would be great.  Let's see if I can get my van to hop the curb here.......wait, wait, the lawn in front of the alumni center, much better........

Then when we've got a bunch of clowns (ala UCF) come in and trash the parking areas, the entire campus looks like a $hithole.  I don't think so.  Try again.........

well i think woolard is in no rush to get a stadium on campus-- which kind of sucks for us.  i was never for him getting the position and was all for that guy from UVA (forgot his name).. the problem with woolard is that he has never had to deal with a football program (he came from SLU) and does not understand the dynamics and advantages of the sort.  it'll be hard convincing him, but i think we can do it if we can all get together on this one.

Wrong again my friend. Woolard was an assistand AD at Washinton State.  Last time I checked, they play football.

Taken from Woolard's bio:

While at Washington State, Woolard was a key member of the senior management staff that oversaw a successful football program, and he played a prominent role in the entire department's relationship with the community.

http://gobulls.usf.edu/admin/administration/woolard.htm