• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

How many seasons of Big East Basketball have we played?  We are entering a new era... just because we haven't had a corporate sponsor for the dome in the past doesn't mean it won't happen, nor does it mean we couldn't get plenty of advertising revenue if we had our own OCS.  We are playing with the big boys now, and people will take notice.

Understand your point, but we've been trying to get a name on that place for a few years now.  Hopefully BE basketball will bring the advertising money with it.  IMO, bottom line is that winning will normally take care of just about everything (see Bucs, Lightning)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

i think whats most upsetting about the old people on this board is that they are so negative about the direction of a possible OCS.. -screw the old farts

build the stadium

I think if there were any doubts that WE are on the right side in this debate, they have been put to rest .....  ;)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Doak Campbell is on campus, FSU's basketball arena isn't.

Dope Campbell might be on university owned land but, it ain't on campus!

And Miami cannot build a stadium on campus, it has tried before, but they would have to pay for the land (something legal) and oit would cost them double what a normal campus would cost.

Miami has bucks, if they REALLY thought it was needed, they'd do it.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

If my memory serves, Doak is similar to the USC model.  The stadium sits across the street from the campus.  

Next I am sure you will bring up the pirate ship. Is it worth 100 million dollars to remove the Pirate ship for our games? NOPE.

That's one of the things people are missing here.  What we will gain is less than what we will loose.

Plus, how is an OCS going to increase revenue when you first must subtract over $100,000,000.00 to build it?

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Miami has bucks, if they REALLY thought it was needed, they'd do it.

I have read your attempt at ripping FSU by "changing" the name to Dope Campbell Stadium(it just shows that you must be extremely envious of what they have). You are showing EXTREME ignorance, it is so much on campus that there are CLASSES HELD IN THE BUILDING. Speak of what you know only please. Thank you.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Thank you Bull-by -Marriage...

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Thank you Bull-by -Marriage...

YES, thank you bull-by-marriage.. i dont know what happens when you get older, but i guess you get more narrowminded.. it sure does sound like people are ignorant/jealous because most dont like to see what we really are missing out on by losing out on the saturdays that every other school with a stadium on campus has.. ignorance is bliss, i guess

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Plus, how is an OCS going to increase revenue when you first must subtract over $100,000,000.00 to build it?

jesus, like i have stated, you dont pay it all off at once.  when people buy a house, how often do the have the money to the pay for the house right at that instant?  it gets paid over time, and the profits WILL outweigh the mortgage

and who ever said that miami can build a stadium if they wanted to is just being ignorant.. shows how they've never been on campus at miami-- there is no room on campus and off campus.. its located in coral gables, so its not like they can knock down some areas across the street.. their campus is tiny compared to USF's, which has vasts amounts of land just randomly located all over the place..

I have read your attempt at ripping FSU by "changing" the name to Dope Campbell Stadium(it just shows that you must be extremely envious of what they have). You are showing EXTREME ignorance, it is so much on campus that there are CLASSES HELD IN THE BUILDING. Speak of what you know only please. Thank you.

jealous of that pile of scaffolding?  Please, talk about speaking of what you know?