• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This is the part that I honestly don't understand, Joe. In what ways will an OCS tremendously help the football program?

Recruits like it. Trust me...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, alowly C-USA team less then a hundred miles from here is building an on campus stadium ?  How come a big time BE team cann't do the same ?  I myself love RayJay and could care less if they ever move.  By the way, I found myself looking up for the replay all the time when I went to the Miami game long after I knew there was no jumbo-tron.  Force of habit.  Really did miss it and I realized how spoiled we where to have such a nice facility to play in.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Well, I guess we'll just have to settle for UM type recruits until we can get that puppy built then .......  ;)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Triple. there is a MAJOR difference between us and Miami. Show me a great program with an off campus stadim (like ours, not like USC) other than Miami and UCLA and I'll give you props.

Triple. there is a MAJOR difference between us and Miami. Show me a great program with an off campus stadim (like ours, not like USC) other than Miami and UCLA and I'll give you props.

Show me another program that went from not even a jockstrap to a BCS conference in 10 years ............. WITHOUT an on-campus stadium?

Considering where we've come from, I think we will be able to make do until the time's right for an OCS . Until then, we don't NEED one.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Triple. there is a MAJOR difference between us and Miami..

Time & money?

Show me a great program with an off campus stadim (like ours, not like USC) other than Miami and UCLA and I'll give you props.

How many programs are there in a city with an NFL stadium?

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Time & money?

How many programs are there in a city with an NFL stadium?

San Diego State I beleive is in a similar situation...

San Diego State I beleive is in a similar situation...

And Temple ...

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

joe, you've become my new best friend.. i think whats most upsetting about the old people on this board is that they are so negative about the direction of a possible OCS.. to them, it seems **** near impossible.. but you and i know that it IS possible.. we see UCF doing it, FAU doing it, UCONN doing it, and doormat programs like RUTGERS doing it.. and i'd like to hear someone argue about the "long standing tradition of rutgers" because thats a perfect example of a program that has rode through the mud since the existance of college football and it still gets a stadium deal despite the fact..

these same people who think "an OCS is impossible" probably thought "getting USF football to a BCS game in ten years" was impossible 10 years ago.. whats so great about this program is that it is so proactive and it CAN get things done, we, as USF supporters need to be more proactive in things that will help the program, as opposed to being apathetic about them.. and YES, a stadium on campus, to call our own, made by the university and for the university IS a good recruiting tool.. as opposed to borrowing a stadium from someone else (regardless of the quality).  who wouldnt want a HOME stadium?

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

joe, you've become my new best friend.. i think whats most upsetting about the old people on this board is that they are so negative about the direction of a possible OCS.. to them, it seems **** near impossible.. but you and i know that it IS possible.. we see UCF doing it, FAU doing it, UCONN doing it, and doormat programs like RUTGERS doing it.. and i'd like to hear someone argue about the "long standing tradition of rutgers" because thats a perfect example of a program that has rode through the mud since the existance of college football and it still gets a stadium deal despite the fact..

these same people who think "an OCS is impossible" probably thought "getting USF football to a BCS game in ten years" was impossible 10 years ago.. whats so great about this program is that it is so proactive and it CAN get things done, we, as USF supporters need to be more proactive in things that will help the program, as opposed to being apathetic about them.. and YES, a stadium on campus, to call our own, made by the university and for the university IS a good recruiting tool.. as opposed to borrowing a stadium from someone else (regardless of the quality).  who wouldnt want a HOME stadium?

Um check your headgear....

UCF hasnt done it yet.

FAU hasnt done it yet.

UCONN's stadium is OFF CAMPUS. IN FACT ITS ABOUT 25 MILES OFF CAMPUS.

Facts, they are important you know.